Honored Contributor

Re: I just don't understand people

Aren't cell phones grand?  Stick it under the partition and take a picture.  ROFLOL.  Wonder if that would do it?  Wouldn't Gump say, "rudeness is as rudeness does" or something like that?  I am kidding.  

This world just keeps getting stranger and stranger.  Hello Twilight Zone, hello UFO's, (maybe not so strange.) LOL  Rolling with it!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I've seen replies on this thread suggesting that maybe the woman is hard of hearing.

Well, if that's the case, why doesn't she just simply hold the phone to her ear, you know, talk on the phone the old fashioned way?  It's gotta be easier than trying to hear on a speaker anyway.

Plus, that way no one has to hear her business, which is awkward and cringey at best.

If you're in a public place that is not the time to use speaker phone. Period.

My husband for one, can't hear the phone to his ear and hear very well, expecially if someone has an accent.  His chair sets right next to mine, and I can attest to the point that in 2 ft. he can't always hear me. (Ear help?  He'll deny it till the cows come home).  When he's in the basement, he talks so loudly, I can hear him on his phone down there.  That's 50% of my guess as to this problem.  

Esteemed Contributor

It really bothers me when we are in line somewhere like tke the PO and they keep on yakking even when at the window.

It is nothing important either.

Honored Contributor

Because they are rude and selfish people.

Knowing me I would have probably told her no one else here is interested in your business, either turn the volume down or go outside.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I've seen replies on this thread suggesting that maybe the woman is hard of hearing.

Well, if that's the case, why doesn't she just simply hold the phone to her ear, you know, talk on the phone the old fashioned way?  It's gotta be easier than trying to hear on a speaker anyway.

Plus, that way no one has to hear her business, which is awkward and cringey at best.

If you're in a public place that is not the time to use speaker phone. Period.

My husband for one, can't hear the phone to his ear and hear very well, expecially if someone has an accent.  His chair sets right next to mine, and I can attest to the point that in 2 ft. he can't always hear me. (Ear help?  He'll deny it till the cows come home).  When he's in the basement, he talks so loudly, I can hear him on his phone down there.  That's 50% of my guess as to this problem.  

Oh gosh I'm sorry that happens to you! A hearing aid would help for sure. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I'm sitting here at work at the hospital and a lady is sitting in the lobby with her speaker phone on loud enough for everyone to hear her conversation.  Why do people do that?  

@LuvmyLab 

Perhaps it makes them feel "important" or perhaps they are just inconsiderate......  Nothing is more annoying when you go to a nice restaurant for a nice meal and conversation with friends....and there's a "loud mouth" sitting near you and you cant even hear people at your own table..... And hard of hearing I dont think so....they can hear the waiter and other people at their table just fine!

Another "favorite" is they give their kid their "pacifier" aka a tablet or phone and the kid is playing a World War III video game which you get to hear while you eat.... 😠😡

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I'd be tempted to go join in and offer my two cents on the conversation. After all they put it on speaker phone so the whole room could have a say, right?

Or you could go over there and shout, "And next up! Tiffany Minxalot will perform her special dance in the champagne boom boom room! Two for one beers on tap!!!"

@Porcelain 

🤣🤣🤣 For safety reasons I wouldn't suggest it, but if someone did it....that would be hilarious!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

My pet peeve is when you are in a restroom and they are sitting on toilet talking while people are going about their business as they should, farting ect. Can you not wait until you get out. I can see if it is an emergency , but that is about it.

@MW in Iowa 

Some people say that phone booths are extinct.... I say NO people have converted restroom stalls into modern phone booths....🙄😣

I hate it when there's a line in the restroom, and there's people gabbing on their phone and in no hurray to get off it...SMH!

Honored Contributor

People are rude.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

It really bothers me when we are in line somewhere like tke the PO and they keep on yakking even when at the window.

It is nothing important either.

@Nataliesgramma 

Or in the grocery store standing in the middle of the aisle with their basket blocking the aisle while they talk on their phone and they can see that people are trying to manuveur around them, but the "phone zombie" doesn't care....and like you said its nothing important and you even hear them saysay, "oh nothing is really going on, Im just shopping, "....SMH!