Trusted Contributor

I just don't understand people

I'm sitting here at work at the hospital and a lady is sitting in the lobby with her speaker phone on loud enough for everyone to hear her conversation.  Why do people do that?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just don't understand people

@LuvmyLab 

Because they can.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I'm sitting here at work at the hospital and a lady is sitting in the lobby with her speaker phone on loud enough for everyone to hear her conversation.  Why do people do that?  

@LuvmyLab 

They do it everywhere.  Those who do that either have no pride or do not care about your privacy.  Whew.  In the grocery store, the drug store and I have even answered one, on one occasion when I heard, accidentally, someone ask her a question and thought someone was speaking to me.  That's how loud.  Someone needs to teach them about blue tooth and they need to buy them.

Respected Contributor

I think they are just clueless.  Have no idea of what is going on around them.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Well gee, how about if someone says nicely "Can you please take your phone off speaker?"

Honored Contributor

To attract attention from others within earshot?

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Well gee, how about if someone says nicely "Can you please take your phone off speaker?"

@Love my grandkids 

How can they hear you for their phone and on the one occasion I did that, I got an icy stare and the voice got louder.  I also fear my tires being flat when I return to parking lot. I live in a small community where everyone knows me.  We live in fear of making some angry.

Respected Contributor

When we walk in the morning there is one man who is always on his phone while walking. My husband is convinced he's not really talking to anyone. 
I think some people want to feel important and some just don't care about anyone but themselves. I hate to even talk on the phone in front of strangers. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday I understand your point of view. But in some situations someone could get 6 feet away and ask, wouldn't have to yell across the room LOL. But I guess in your situation that would be a concern.

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Well of course they can. It's because they have no sense of manners or common decorum.