Esteemed Contributor

I just a weather report, it's so depressing!

I know this topic is not new, but it's back to the 90's next week for NE PA.  I like summer with the long days and last week was great.  Warm but you open windows and have a nice breeze, cool nights, no humidity.

Those high temps and rain forest humidity makes me feel awful.

I don't want to wish time away but fall will be nice.  While I'm not a fan of recent winters (sub-zero temps and wind for days) I'm ok with normal cold (teens and 20's).  If I'm chilly I can always put on another layer, living in a blast furnance you can only take so much off if you go out.

I hate running the AC 24/7.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I just a weather report, it's so depressing!

Hoping this is our last blast before cooler weather moves in.

Honored Contributor

I wish it would go away! 

I know we haven't turned the air conditioning off since the middle of June.

I would like open windows and ceiling fans.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in Ohio and I am so over the 90's with the high humidity!!

Honored Contributor

I’ve got at least two more months of a/c before I can think about open windows.🥵

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2. Better become accustomed to hot summers as they appear to be the new normal.

I'm  watching the local weather forecast for Albuquerque  and the humidity is currently 12%.  Last week there was rain in the area every day and it was more humid.  I can finally get the front door open.  We're also entering a very hot period with temps 10° above normal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

A  hot forecast here in North Texas as well.... 101-105 temps!!!!   Pull the blinds and run air conditioning !!! HOT

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   This being normal is my fear.  I read that last month was the hottest July on Earth since records started in the 1890's I think.

I don't think we have had 4 normal seasons a year in forever.

Last week we had 5 days of great summer weather, open windows and just a ceiling fan in the LR were great.  My cat was happy she had an open window.  I don't think she moved off the LR windowsill except to eat and use the litterbox.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  I spent my HS and college years in SE Pa.,  and the weather I remember. was nothing like what it is now.  Sister is still there so I get frequent reports.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i am enjoying the heat.  Summer is not over until the end of September...somehow many people think Labor Day is the end of summer, it is not.

Last year we had so much rain here that we completely missed Autumn.  The leaves were still on the trees when the snow came and they didn't change color.

People on the forums live all over the country.  Some of use have short summers and some have longer ones., the same with winter.

Where I live, we have always had extremes..very hot summers and very cold winters.

i really enjoy the hot and cool seasons, but hate the winter cold with a passion.  I guess there is something for everyone.