Honored Contributor

Re: I hope this doesn't become a habit......

I consider anyone even family who just drops by without calling first an intrusion. If you knock on my door and I don't you, I ignore the knock and get the gun out, because we live in east Jesus and there is no one around. I'm sure your neighbor has good intentions, but if he does it again I would ask him to call first before he drops in next time if it still bothers you.

Esteemed Contributor

East Jesus???????

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey  Rest assured,  this is one recently widowed woman who will never complain about no one visiting or caring.

I stand by it being rude to just drop in on someone unannounced.  I would certainly call someone and check on them, but would never just assume they wanted visitors at 9 in the morning.

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

His intentions were probably good but personally, I do not open the door to anyone unless they have called me beforehand.

I also think his intentions were good...but the world has changed dramatically and I do not open my door unless I have had a call or a text from someone in advance. 

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99  Good lord. You get your gun out when someone knocks on your door.? And folks think city living is dangerous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@blackhole99  Good lord. You get your gun out when someone knocks on your door.? And folks think city living is dangerous. 

@50Mickey 

And we wonder why nobody really talks to each other any more.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Yeah you might get shot

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey  That's right, ever heard of home invasions, strangers never show up out here. In my state you can shoot anyone who you feel threatened by that comes on your property unannounced, they don't have to be breaking in either.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a perfect excuse for murder.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Sounds like a perfect excuse for murder.

@Anonymous032819  what is your problem, first the East Jesus question and now the crack about a perfect murder. I will chalk your comments up to being naive.