Esteemed Contributor

Re: I hope this doesn't become a habit......

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Maybe since his wife is gone and you're now alone, he thinks he could get "something" going w/you?  I'm not trying to be cute, just a thought.

If I were you, I'd get a peephole installed in my door.  I have one and always look before I open the door.  Good luck to you and God Bless in your adjustment to being alone.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel sorry for the guy.

Here he is, alone and lonely, and knows the pain of loosing a beloved spouse, trying to reach out to someone else who has also lost a beloved spouse, and is in pain from the loss, to offer an understanding ear, and he is the bad guy.

No wonder this country is so effed up.

People can't even do someting nice for a fellow human being, without being rebuffed.

I have lost all hope for humanity.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Oh for Pete's sake, all humanity is not lost.  This man, who I'm sure msses his wife.  told me he goes to dances, just traveled out west, helps his grandkids with 4H etc.  And I know he has gone to dinner with the widow of a friend of his. He keeps busy. He's not all alone.  I didn't kick a puppy.  I said I know he meant well.

As nice as anyone might be, don't show up unannounced at 9 am at someone's house.

Honored Contributor

Next time, if you aren't ready to receive company, even if on the porch, just say you aren't presentable, and maybe you can give him a call (phone) a little later.  excuse yourself.  I think he just thought of doing something nice, knowing of your recent loss. No rhyme or reason, no time thought.  I see it as a kind thing, no alternative thoughts.  Accept friendship outdoors, if you're more comfortable that way and you want to continue a friendship.  

Respected Contributor

This cannot BECOME a habit unless you allow it to.

Respected Contributor

Retired Legal - from the sound of your post I TOO hope it was a ONE TIME THING - FOR HIS SAKE.

You make yourself seem intolerant, I hope you aren't but just came across that way.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I feel sorry for the guy.

Here he is, alone and lonely, and knows the pain of loosing a beloved spouse, trying to reach out to someone else who has also lost a beloved spouse, and is in pain from the loss, to offer an understanding ear, and he is the bad guy.

No wonder this country is so effed up.

People can't even do someting nice for a fellow human being, without being rebuffed.

I have lost all hope for humanity.

Wow. You aren’t showing much humanity for OP.

Honored Contributor

OP, stop thinking of yourself!! This neighbor came over to see you and you are perturbed that it was too early?? 9 am is too early?? Really? Too bad you couldn't open your heart next time he inconveniences you. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

OP, stop thinking of yourself!! This neighbor came over to see you and you are perturbed that it was too early?? 9 am is too early?? Really? Too bad you couldn't open your heart next time he inconveniences you. 

Wow, thinking of herself????  Her husband just died and she doesn't have to think about anyone right now except herself.

Plus, not wanting to entertain an unannounced visitor at 9 AM isn't a weird thing nor a selfish thing.  I'm often not dressed and presentable at 9am and do NOT want anyone just popping in.  9am is early for many of us for a variety of reasons. 

And whether it's not deemed early by you or anyone else,  doesn't matter.   I think just dropping in on someone at any time of day shows that person , you, are only thinking of yourself.   

Trusted Contributor

He may have been presumptuous to think you’d be receiving guests at 9:00 in the morning, but I also don’t think it was very smart of you to open the door without seeing if there was someone there you didn’t want to see.