Honored Contributor

Re: I hope this doesn't become a habit......

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@sidsmom   I can't use my husband as a reason, he died a month ago today.  That's why the man stopped by, to see how I was doing since he died.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize. 

I’ll delete my post. 

🌼💛

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Drythe  I live outside of town.  This gentleman lives on the complete opposite of town, at least 6 miles one way.  Years ago he and his wife and kids lived over the hill from us, but we moved over 2 decades ago. 

As I said he meant well but I don't like surprise visitors especially when I'm not up and functioning yet.

Your home should be a safe haven. Only answer the door if you want to. You owe no one an explanation. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Drythe  I live outside of town.  This gentleman lives on the complete opposite of town, at least 6 miles one way.  Years ago he and his wife and kids lived over the hill from us, but we moved over 2 decades ago. 

As I said he meant well but I don't like surprise visitors especially when I'm not up and functioning yet.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Ummm... no argument here.

I get it, thinking he might have been in the neighborhood.  

Still a call is expected.

I’m 30 min from city limits, on a private, dead end road.  Folks don’t just mosey on by, has  advantages. 🌲🌲🌲

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I found that at first, I had way too many visitors, planned and unplanned.  But as the months went on, they dwindled.  Many people that were friendly to us as a couple, are no longer to me as a single.  It’s just natural, I suppose.

But in this gentleman’s case, it may be something more.  He might just be interested in how you’re doing, having been there himself.  Many man don’t have the same idea of calling before visiting—I know my husband never did!  He may just want friendship.  Or he may indeed want something more than friendship.  If that is the case, you might have to make it clear up front whether or not you feel the same.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for the man.  He's lonely.  Maybe you and your husband could start inviting him to dinner once every few weeks.....than way he'll have something to look forward to and won't pop in. 

You may have friends and family but he may not.....put yourself in his shoes.  You may be in them one day.

Respected Contributor

I'd have still been asleep at 9:00 am.  Often I'm up for all hours during the night,  so I sleep in .  And, no, I do not feel guilty about it! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

I feel sorry for the man.  He's lonely.  Maybe you and your husband could start inviting him to dinner once every few weeks.....than way he'll have something to look forward to and won't pop in. 

You may have friends and family but he may not.....put yourself in his shoes.  You may be in them one day.

@Travone 

Your heart is in the right place, and I know that you mean well, but the o/p's husband died recently.

She already is in those shoes.

That's why this man came over, to check on her, to see how she is doing since she lost her husband.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

The OP's husband passed away a month ago.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Only here will people jump to wild conclusions, and get all up in arms by a friend reaching out to help someone who may be going through a difficult time.  People must have never saw each other before the invention of telephones.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone   I am in his shoes.