Honored Contributor

Re: I hesitate to ask....breadcrumbs

[ Edited ]

arent these the breadcrumbs? located towards the upper right and lower right of the topics page?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@sablesong wrote:

I'll take a stab at it.

I believe the breadcrumbs are located in the upper left corner ( I dont have a tablet so I dont know if this holds true).

It looks like this  -

Forums & Blogs : Forums : Community Chat : I hesitate to ask.......

The breadcrumbs help you to get back to where you had come from, ala Hansel and Gretel..

......I THINK..  

Aha!  Now the name makes sense!

Thank you Sablesong!  And if you think about the Hansel and Gretel thing, you can figure out which things are "breadcrumbs" and which aren't. 

If I had a ROTF emotie available here, I would have posted it!  Finally, we know why they're "breadcrumbs"! LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh, ok.  I've always seen that.  Just didn't know if had a fancy, schmancy name!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

arent these considered "breadcrumbs".......found towards upper right and lower right of the thread?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

◄forum listing

◄previous topic

next topic►

arent these considered "breadcrumbs"? navigation tools so you dont have to use your back button on your browser? they are found towards the upper right and the lower right of the thread you are on at the moment.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quote: As you can obviously tell, I'm definitely no techie!

I spent most of my career in computers and was considered a techie, and I had never heard the term "breadcrumbs" to navigate displayed information until this Forum update.  There's an awful lot of information that QVC should have posted in an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) area along with the update.  Our term for this kind of thing was "User Abuse", and it makes me GRUMPY!  (At least venting helped me find out how to post in colors.......)

Respected Contributor

breadcrumbs are navigation tools.  On this board the breadcrumbs are at toward the top of the page on the left hand side.

Right now the breadcrumb trail I see is:  QVC:Forums& Blogs:  Community Chat: Re: I hate to ask.....breadcrumbs

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Super Contributor

The bird has eaten all the breadcrumbs and now we're all at the evil witch's gingerbread house.

I teach - what's your superpower?