Honored Contributor

I hesitate to ask....breadcrumbs

What are they?  Where are they?  Are the 3 little dots breadcrumbs?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Re: I hesitate to ask....breadcrumbs

I hit the highlight thing by mistake.

I wonder how we can increase the size of the area where the thread topics are? argh.

Honored Contributor

I've no idea.  Maybe I don't know what a breadcrumb (in this context) is.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good to spot you, Gidget🐱

I don't see the breadcrumbs either. I thought it might be another iPad glitch.
Honored Contributor

Send in the birdies, birmama, they may find them, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I don't know if I'm exactly correct or not, but they are all the things at the top of your screen (like, "Forums: Community Chat...") that when you click on them you go to another page.  I'm sure there is some sort of much better technical definition than that, and hopefully someone more articulate than I will respond to you.  And I don't know if "breadcrumbs" only applies to the stuff at the top of the screen or anything that when clicked will take you to another page.  And yes, I would think that the three little dots would be "breadcrumbs"

As you can obviously tell, I'm definitely no techie!

ETA: If you go back to the blog that talks about the new forum, there is also a FAQ page.  That explains "breadcrumbs". 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I may have figured it out from the references below.  I think it's the "string" just above "Reply to Message" in big red letters at top left of page.  QVC:Forums&Blogs:Forums:CommunityChat:I hesitate to ask...breadcrumbs:Reply to Message

How do I get back to the Forums & Blogs main page?

To get back to the Forums & Blogs main page, use the “breadcrumbs” (path example listed below) at the top of the page. Click on Forums & Blogs to go directly back to the main page. (I didn't see any "path example")

Simple Navigation: Get back to a previous page by clicking on the “breadcrumbs” at the top of the page. You can always get back to the Community homepage by clicking Forums & Blogs.

I hope this makes sense... it's the only thing I can think of... I think each one will take you back one page.

Contributor

I'll take a stab at it.

I believe the breadcrumbs are located in the upper left corner ( I dont have a tablet so I dont know if this holds true).

It looks like this  -

Forums & Blogs : Forums : Community Chat : I hesitate to ask.......

The breadcrumbs help you to get back to where you had come from, ala Hansel and Gretel..

......I THINK..  

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like three of us have the same idea!  Cat Very Happy

But if we're right, I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to call these "Breadcrumbs" !  Seriously! And they didn't do a very good job of explaining, especially giving no "path example"... Robot Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sablesong wrote:

I'll take a stab at it.

I believe the breadcrumbs are located in the upper left corner ( I dont have a tablet so I dont know if this holds true).

It looks like this  -

Forums & Blogs : Forums : Community Chat : I hesitate to ask.......

The breadcrumbs help you to get back to where you had come from, ala Hansel and Gretel..

......I THINK..  

Aha!  Now the name makes sense!

Thank you Sablesong!  And if you think about the Hansel and Gretel thing, you can figure out which things are "breadcrumbs" and which aren't.