Honored Contributor

Re: I have never been scared of much in my life, always felt safe.

@cherry  @ValentinaBon    I know you are right... and I was so much that way and know that is much healthier. But,  in this information world it is hard to not to hear and see so much... and just unplugging and  living without any devices or internet or TV is just as bad I think as having them.... you need to be informed ....so there is a happy medium somewhere.   Finding that happy medium is the goal.

I do think more and more people choose to not go out as much anymore with everything they need coming to them  now without traveling anywhere.   Perhaps just a fact of  the way our lives are evolving. 

Honored Contributor

Worry is a wasted emotion.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you need a therapist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden   my daughters is a police woman ,and my son was on a fast attack submarine ,for a long long time. I just had to turn it over to God and  let it go. He was not to be taken from the boat alive ,if they were taken over by hostile forces. He told us that..we knew what  would be done, if it happened

If you live like this  it will get worse and worse for you.  My daugher has come close to getting shot/hurt more than once. My faith gets me through

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@SeaMaidenmy daughters is a police woman ,and my son was on a fast attack submarine ,for a long long time. I just had to turn it over to God and  let it go. He was not to be taken from the boat alive ,if they were taken over by hostile forces. He told us that..we knew what  would be done, if it happened

If you live like this  it will get worse and worse for you.  My daugher has come close to getting shot/hurt more than once. My faith gets me through

@cherry  I am glad that that works for you.

Honored Contributor

If you don't have that @SeaMaiden you still can find  peace, a Dr can help

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

You have never sounded like a carefree type of person, not from the posts I have read of yours in the past.  You have always sounded very guarded and wary of your surroundings.  So this really doesn't sound new.

If you don't mind my saying so.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, you're fine with your feelings and don't need a therapist- we all, whether admitting it or not, have at one time had fears.  I do and still do and not ashamed to admit it.  After watching the news about stuff going on around our country and here in Atlanta and now it's spread to the burbs, yes there's reason to take heed and be very aware of your surroundings.  Nothing at all wrong with that!!!

A few years back we were on our way back from Memphis and stopped at a Pilot gas station not far from our house.  Husband went into restroom and I waited in the car- doors locked of course. This man started approaching the driver's side and was at the door- when my husband came out just at the right time and said, "HEY BUDDY, I SUGGEST YOU STEP BACK FROM THAT CAR."  and he did..  my adrenaline was rushing let me tell ya.  

Yep, be aware of surroundings and don't let it get to ya!!!  Hugs!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I really doubt you need therapy as some have suggested. The world is changing and this is your way to adapt. As long as you don't become totally isolated, I think you found a way to manage your fears.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All we can do is be as diligent as we can.  Worrying will not change one day in your life. I mean a plane could crash into my house today!  You do what you can and leave the rest to God....at least that's how I handle it.  We had a sudden explosion at our house. It burned to the ground.  Thankfully, we got out.  DH dropped to the floor of our neighbors garage....Laughing and talking (cardiac arrest)  They lost him at least 6 times that I know of.  He was given a 4 in 100 chance to live....he made it!  Our son was critically injured when he was 19.  He made it!  I had a 2 heart attacks very unexpectedly that led to open heart surgery....I made it!  It just wasn't our time and, when it is, there is nothing we can do about it.  I do understand fear and, of course, I have had some. We are all just human so don't feel guilty. I am learning that fear and worry will take years off your life.  If you can't get it under control, I suggest seeing a doctor. Stress can kill.