Honored Contributor

Re: I have never been scared of much in my life, always felt safe.

@tansywrote:

@kivahwrote:

@SeaMaiden

I totally agree with u -- I've gotten fearful in the last couple of years. Just watching the news and talk-shows scares me!!!! I live in southern California - and today Fabio was being interviewed on FOX --- and he was talking about all the addicts, criminal-types and homeless taking over cities in California, ie, San Francisco. They come from all over - since creepy Governor Brown and the Mayor of Oakland welcome them with open arms. 

Today, I was sitting at my computer and can see out my front window. This woman carrying a large bag rang my doorbell. I said, "I'm not interested" thru the door - and wondered who she was - and thought she must be up to no-good. She stayed at my door a few minutes - then made a phone call. She then walked across the street and left the bag at my neighbor's house. Obviously, she was at the wrong house.

I live in a good area - but many sober living places and half-way houses opened up. I'm on nextdoor dot com every day --- and read about all the people who's packages were stolen at their front door (their cameras show the perps faces); cars get stolen or car windows are smashed. A few people had videos of strangers in their backyards.

That channel wants viewers to be scared🙁

ALL news channels play up fires, shootings, mayhem and any disaster for all it's worth. They blow things totally out of proportion so often.  All they have is horror and dog stories.  There is much sensible news on any channel now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I have never been scared of much in my life, always felt safe.

I am enjoying your quirky sense of humor, @Elri

"Designer bubble wrap" - awesome!  What do you want to bet that will actually soon be a "thing"?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.