Honored Contributor

Re: I have another I'm not sure I understand this situation

@kitcat51 wrote:

Today I volunteered, went to Dollar Tree, grocery shopped & got a needed an oil change on my van. Tomorrow more volunteering.

Yes, there are people who just don't get it and are willing to risk the lives of those with whom they come in contact as well as their own.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Today I volunteered, went to Dollar Tree, grocery shopped & got a needed an oil change on my van. Tomorrow more volunteering.

Yes, there are people who just don't get it and are willing to risk the lives of those with whom they come in contact as well as their own.

Yup.  Does not get it.

Respected Contributor

Well, I can understand her going to work; you gotta make a living.  But the other two?  I'd skip.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

As this virus spreads and affects more people, it is also very clear that many of us are in different places with the effects of viral impact.  I am in W.V., where only 2 cases have been confirmed.  

Locally, the hospital and doctors offices are prepared, but A and B flu is still the main issue here, for now.   Our Governor issued orders and does updates daily, but we still had the opportunity to get things done in the normal fashion, until today.   

Each of us have to deal with the virus when it comes our way, and the way I deal with it in W.V. just may not be how you deal with it in your state.   

Honored Contributor

People need to stay home and hang out. No running around everywhere. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mr. 4kitties and I have been staying in too.  Since last week.  

People in my state may have no choice because word is out that our state will be issuing a stay at home order.  Supposedly will be announced this weekend and begin on Monday.  Our National Guard has been called up.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I definitely would have said something to her!  A lot of people need to wake up!  They just don't think guidelines, rules, regulatons,etc. apply to them!  

I spoke to several friends recently either by phone or e-mail and a lot of them were saying --- I'm not worried, I don't care, this is not a big deal, I'm going to do what I want, etc.  I did speak up!  I said --- Well, you SHOULD be worried!  If we don't all do our part and be sensible, this is NOT going to end soon or well!  

How others act, affects us all!!!!  Maybe you think you are impervious to everything, but you're not!!!  I value my life and the life of my family and friends.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Many adults, even seniors, are acting like rebellious children.  They ignorantly seem to think this virus is the "flu".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

As this virus spreads and affects more people, it is also very clear that many of us are in different places with the effects of viral impact.  I am in W.V., where only 2 cases have been confirmed.  

Locally, the hospital and doctors offices are prepared, but A and B flu is still the main issue here, for now.   Our Governor issued orders and does updates daily, but we still had the opportunity to get things done in the normal fashion, until today.   

Each of us have to deal with the virus when it comes our way, and the way I deal with it in W.V. just may not be how you deal with it in your state.   

I disagree.  This virus always had the potential to be everywhere.  We have no idea of the true numbers because so few people have been tested.  And not everyone has symptoms.  Waiting for it to "come our way" is exactly what we should not be doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

People need to stay home and hang out. No running around everywhere. 

Exactly.  I've been self-quarantined for a little over a week.  I have gone nowhere, other than to take a walk outside on my own property.