Honored Contributor

I have another I'm not sure I understand this situation

A dear friend of mine in another city and I keep in touch via email.  Her email yesterday said we are pretty well buttoned up here, meaning her daughter and herself, who live together since her husband died.  Then she proceeded to tell me the daughter was getting her hair cut, doing a massage (she is a massage therapist), and finally, having more work done on the tattoo on her leg.  That's three close contact situations in one day. I'm aghast, but I didn't say aything to her.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: I have another I'm not sure I understand this situation

Aghast as well............

Respected Contributor

You are a very good friend !

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me like they just don't get it. Some people never will. I would have had a hard time biting my tongue, you are a good friend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a friend who is doing something like that with her situation. My friend has just recovered from a long-term battle with pneumonia. She works for a several people cleaning their houses. Her live-in teen goes out with friends, comes back home and then they both go out to the stores together. I DID say something to her via email and have not heard back since...that was this morning. smh

ETA - My last words to her in that email said:  "I'm worried about you and I love you."

Respected Contributor

If my DD did that I would attach a hand held shower head to the garden hose and leave it on the front porch along with a wash cloth and  a basket for her dirty clothes.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

A dear friend of mine in another city and I keep in touch via email.  Her email yesterday said we are pretty well buttoned up here, meaning her daughter and herself, who live together since her husband died.  Then she proceeded to tell me the daughter was getting her hair cut, doing a massage (she is a massage therapist), and finally, having more work done on the tattoo on her leg.  That's three close contact situations in one day. I'm aghast, but I didn't say aything to her.  

You could send her an embedded Youtube video about social distancing and combating the spread of the virus. Then it would be someone else educating her instead of you. Still might irritate her though.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm convinced some people don't want to know the truth.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I volunteered, went to Dollar Tree, grocery shopped & got a needed an oil change on my van...tomorrow, more volunteering. My guess...the daughter knows everyone she's doing business with & feels very comfortable being around them. People are working, shopping & helping each other so they're out & about...volunteer if you can.

Honored Contributor

Terrible!

And I don't know, but as a good friend, you should probably say something, just once. A real friend will tell you the truth. And this is so serious right now. 

I'm amazed at how many people aren't taking this seriously, and how many people are letting their young adult children just jeopardize them. 

My son no longer lives here, and has stopped over twice since this started. I won't let him in the house. He works full time, he runs everywhere after work, and a week ago he was sick, enough so that he missed one day of work and felt bad for a week. We visit and talk outside, with a good10feet or more between us. He isn't happy about it, thinks I'm over reacting, but it is what it is. Seeing the kids all over the beaches in Florida (and to some extent Texas), and their attitudes about it all when interviewed, just makes me want to explode, so I know I'm beyond 

I have to have regular contact with my elderly mother who lives next door to me, so I"m not going anywhere or doing anything except drive through the bank as needed and a grocery run every two weeks, if even that for right now. 

My husband still has to go to work everyday, and I feel that is the most risk I want to take where my mom is concerned at this time, until we know more about this, have more treatment, and less stress on the medical system.