Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have another I'm not sure I understand this situation

Here in Los Angeles were we told by our Govenor to stay home except mandatory outings. Then I see on our local news people went to the beach. Color me confused as everyone in my family and friends group are bored out of our mind complying.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew This could be why our country currently has a higher percentage of age 25-49 cases instead of the elderly.

Trusted Contributor

So I'm looking out my front windows earlier and wondering if people can possibly be any dumber. All the kids are out of school, yet they are running in packs all over the neighborhood. Do these parents not understand the REASON THE KIDS ARE OUT OF SCHOOL??   They might as well have kept them in school because they certainly aren't being isolated. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

So I'm looking out my front windows earlier and wondering if people can possibly be any dumber. All the kids are out of school, yet they are running in packs all over the neighborhood. Do these parents not understand the REASON THE KIDS ARE OUT OF SCHOOL??   They might as well have kept them in school because they certainly aren't being isolated. 

I don't know why this very simple concept is so difficult for some people to understand.  Or why they can't be bothered to take it seriously.  It makes absolutely no sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass if they are here in MI, the gov ordered all 3 to shut by 9am Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

I don't know why this very simple concept is so difficult for some people to understand.  Or why they can't be bothered to take it seriously.  It makes absolutely no sense.

People aren't necessarily sane. Until recently HIV was a death sentence. We've known pretty much everything there is to know about HIV since the mid-eighties. There is no mystery as to how it's spread. Testing for it is readily available. It should have died out completely with no new infections since 1985 when testing became available. Yet we've averaged 50,000 new cases each year since the mid-eighties. For thirty-five years now people have known the risks and dangers but ignored them. HIV was 100% fatal. The coronavirus is significantly less fatal. Do you really expect people to do the right thing? If so, you're going to be very disappointed. At least 1.75 million people have chosen to ignore the HIV risks. (Probably a lot more as transmission isn't automatic.) If they're willing to ignore a disease that was 100% fatal, they'll ignore one that's only 3% (or so) fatal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Many adults, even seniors, are acting like rebellious children.  They ignorantly seem to think this virus is the "flu".

I agree and I have been following all guidelines.Still have to say if it goes on for many more weeks it will become harder to comply.I miss friends,family and freedom to move about.