Esteemed Contributor

HSN 753-842 Curtis Stone Dur-pan 14" electric skillet.  

I absolutley love this pan!  I didn't own one and bought it because at times I cannot fit all the pans I need on my stove, especially at holiday time.  I have used it a few times now and it cooks evenly and cleanup is easy!  Best purchase I've made for myself in awhile.

@BalletBabe Thanks for the interesting question and asking people to share.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe   GOT IT  thanks

Honored Contributor

great idea for the thread @BalletBabe !

i like the suggestions posted already.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Nice idea to share this info.  Will keep this thread in mind for future finds. Don't have anything to post right now.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor
I have a similar pan from another brand. I take the rack out and use it for Chex mix.
Respected Contributor

that pan appears to be on amazon.   I would not buy it.

It doesn't say anything about the nonstick coating's being free of PTFE and PFOA on the product page, and the product insert states:

"Some pets, especially birds, have extremely sensitive respiratory systems and should be kept away from the kitchen area."

This doesn't look like a Teflon-coated pan, but the warning label hits all the check boxes - keep away from pets and small children while not in use, and it doesn't mean that the pan gets hot and can cause burns. In fact, it spells out the potential for respiratory issues when this pan is being used - a problem with Teflon when it is heated to a certain threshold and beyond.

With two cats in the house, there is cause for concern in light of the warnings.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

It doesn't say anything about the nonstick coating's being free of PTFE and PFOA on the product page, and the product insert states:

"Some pets, especially birds, have extremely sensitive respiratory systems and should be kept away from the kitchen area."

This doesn't look like a Teflon-coated pan, but the warning label hits all the check boxes - keep away from pets and small children while not in use, and it doesn't mean that the pan gets hot and can cause burns. In fact, it spells out the potential for respiratory issues when this pan is being used - a problem with Teflon when it is heated to a certain threshold and beyond.

With two cats in the house, there is cause for concern in light of the warnings.

@lovescats   I don't agree, but you do what you want.  This pan sells for 40.00 on Amazon.  I love it and it is a well made pan.  Can be used for a lot of things. It also has good reviews on Amazon.  You do what you have to do.  

Occasional Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@lovescats   I don't agree, but you do what you want.  This pan sells for 40.00 on Amazon.  I love it and it is a well made pan.  Can be used for a lot of things. It also has good reviews on Amazon.  You do what you have to do.  

I found a listing for this pan on Wayfair and it says it is PFOA free and BPA free.  PTFE is not mentioned. I ordered this earlier and not sure if I should cancel.  I hope this info helps.  

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I have a similar pan from another brand. I take the rack out and use it for Chex mix.

I also have one just like this from the Copper Chef. I bought it to bake cakes, but I use it for pork chops, casseroles, etc. I do bake cakes in it too!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

it does sell on amazon higher but the reviewer pointed that there is no manufacturers warranty and on qvc there is no warranty either    it could come with the rack,  without the baster used  maybe it will show up at dollar tree as the item of the week or ollies

It will be interesting to see if people are happy they sent for it