Respected Contributor

Re: I have a wild fun crazy idea. (smile)

I had a great night of sleep and gave all of your ideas some thought.    

Come next week I will go to the really nice Seniors Lunch building.     I'll go early before the ladies start to come into their building for lunch.   The scarfs will be folded.   I'll ask the ladies that work daily at the Seniors Lunch if they would like to gift all the ladies with a nice scarf?    They can be placed on a table so they can pick which scarf they would like to wear.  The ladies sure do like to dress up for their daily lunch.   This will be fun for them.

Then I will leave before they arrive.  The building is next to a wonderful store of ladies fashions.  Might be fun to drop in to see what they are showing this season.   

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I guess I just got tired of alway giving to groups all the time.  And they sell them to others.   

So this time I just want to give to the trees....and if someone needs or wants a scarf they can take it from the tree.   

No money is involved with the gifting.

@onewhiteSparrow, you don't know that someone won't take them off the trees and then sell them, so money could still be involved. Your idea is no more altruistic than donating them to an organization that supports the lives of humans. But, your title is correct, you do have a crazy idea! Woman Embarassed

Or that a thug won't grab one to strangle/rob someone walking through the park......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I had a great night of sleep and gave all of your ideas some thought.    

Come next week I will go to the really nice Seniors Lunch building.     I'll go early before the ladies start to come into their building for lunch.   The scarfs will be folded.   I'll ask the ladies that work daily at the Seniors Lunch if they would like to gift all the ladies with a nice scarf?    They can be placed on a table so they can pick which scarf they would like to wear.  The ladies sure do like to dress up for their daily lunch.   This will be fun for them.

Then I will leave before they arrive.  The building is next to a wonderful store of ladies fashions.  Might be fun to drop in to see what they are showing this season.   

@onewhiteSparrow

Now THAT'S a great idea!

I bet those ladies will be thrilled to have a 'new' (to them) scarf to wear!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

For some reason, I keep thinking of Isadora Duncan.

I was talking to a friend about her yesterday..and how she died.

@RoughDraft

@MyGirlsMom @RoughDraft

didnt know much about her so i went to her wiki page.....her entire life was a series of tragedies! i read how she died, i read how her father and his family died, i read how her children died......so many sad events in her short life. i had no idea!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands....why not help out in a soup kitchen or walk some  shelter dogs?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Now I have a tune playing in my head that won't stop.  Anybody remember Twilight Zone?

Why do you have the need within yourself to make fun of something good?  

Just being honest.  BTW, you are the one who called it a crazy idea.

I am being honest...I was using the wording "wild fun crazy idea"...saying or meaning I was going to do something different, and fun, and unusual in nature.....running around with happiness within.    

Where you used it in terms that I was insane.   Words of being unkind to me when I was happy in my actions of gifting others with love from within.  People in this forum seem to enjoy putting others down by talking about that person and the "Twilight Zone," and tin hat.   

Any ways....oh my.....

You have a nice day...it is all how you think that makes your day happy.   

Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands....why not help out in a soup kitchen or walk some  shelter dogs?

Daily I am busy.  Today I went to a Ladies Lunch with a wonderful  fashion show fund raiser to help sick children.   I have a fun full life.   Today as every lady that attended that lunch-fashion show was given a gift when they entered the room.  When I got home I removed the nice purple ribbon and opened the box to find my gift is a scarf.  (smile)   Wild I thought.   And funny too.

You think I have too much time on my hands?   It took no time to get the many scarfs off the shelves.  Carry them into the front room to put into my car tomorrow....to give to the ladies.  That took no time at all.   

Honored Contributor

I thought your idea was a wonderful one however two things occurred to me.... first, that you and your husand might be the subjects of a robbery or worse while walking in a park at night.  Second, your beautiful scarves might end up dirty and torn or interfere in some way with nature.  Your second idea is incredibly wonderful... taking them folded and ready to be appreciated by ladies who would really like to own one.  Kudos for your change of heart.

You sound like someone who has an incredible spirit and gives of herself.  Our world needs more people like you....   Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u,  Thank you.    This has been fun for me to enjoy all the future planing on what to do.   

Have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How's scarfgate going? Smiley Very Happy