Honored Contributor

Re: I have a stay of execution

@cowboy sam Thank you!  You guys just overwhelm me sometimes.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

your very welcome...Smiley Happy

for today..

how about a long walk , and look for flowers blooming,listen to see how many different birds sounds you hear,and look up at the sky...is the sunshining or not...it doesn't matter...and breathe deeply  and let everything out....

or 

do something you really enjoy later  your book writing,call a friend you haven't talked to for a while...

enjoy your dayHeartSmiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

oops that wasn't advice,,,lol...

if i lived near you

i would take that walk with you  and be doingings those things  i mentioned  while walking with my friend.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

These are stressful times @Laura14 so don't feel you have to step back from your thread. Whatever you do, it's your decision alone. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam I just came back from the grocery store.  Smiley Surprised  People have lost their minds!!  I am taking my mom back now so she can have some entertainment today too.  Wild!  

You and I have a date for a walk together soon.  If I didn't have company I'd be at the park hiking.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter Nope.  I let them know I would love to work for them but I needed an answer about my current job first because they were only offering part time.

If they have any interest in really having me and, supposedly they are desperate for techs, they'll muster up the enthusiasm they should have about having someone already trained, certified and experienced knock on their door.  It doesn't happen and I realized that really, really bothered me.  

If they want me, they'll reach back out.  If not, I'm not ready to give up on finding a location that really would appreciate having me.  

This post made me reflect on my experience as an employee.  I realize that I never considered if my employer "mustered up enthusiam" at my hiring.  I never cared if my employer "appreciated having me" as part of their workforce, only that they found my work worthy of remuneration.  I now realize that the standards for workplace enrichment in today's environment have changed since I was an employee.  I'm an 'old dog', who is watching my juniors' 'new tricks'. 

Trusted Contributor

Full time opportunities are limited in a retail setting. Do you have hospitals around you? I think full time would be much more of an option there.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom My BIL is an anesthesiologist.  He can get me in but it's PT overnights.  Smiley Sad Great thought though!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@pigletsmom My BIL is an anesthesiologist.  He can get me in but it's PT overnights.  Smiley Sad Great thought though!  Smiley Happy

I'd give a hospital position some serious thought, @Laura14.  Are the benefits better than what the current unstable job or the other pharmacy offers?  I'd bet you could get a different shift as you gain a foothold there.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy I'm not completely dismissing it but I'm not a natural night owl.  It would be tough.