Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have a stay of execution

@Laura14  I'd want the full time pay for as long as possible too.

More money is more money.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

Having gone through the coordination of the breakup of the Bell System in 1984, I know how the craziness of ever-changing deadlines and decisions can impact one's sanity and emotions.

Please go back and read the poster's comment on " disdain and disgust ".  

She is not disdaining  you nor disgusted with YOU.....she is merely commenting on how hard it is to camouflage the very strong negative feelings of disdain and disgust that you feel towards your present and perhaps future employer.

Those strong emotions evidence themselves both verbally and non-verbally.  Non-verbals can include: tone of voice, eye rolls, smirks, body positioning ( turning one's back, choosing a seat as far away as possible, etc. ).

If you want to be chosen by the new company as you have been in the past, you need to make certain that you are seen as competent and professional.

Good Luck with your choice.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Done.  I welcome constructive criticism just like this @jlkz and I thank you for it. 

I know I am insane right now.

I own that I have been a total drama queen about my whole situation for the past week about my life on this board because I can't do it elsewhere.

And you all came up with information and perspectives I hadn't really considered and really lifted my spirits up when I really needed someone to do that for me.    

When it came up today that I don't have the ability to privately vent here and then not be a consummate professional in my real life at a time when I really better be or else, it stings and it's untrue.       

I understand that the real comment was that she and I am sure many others are tired of reading my posts about this.  So am I.

As I said earlier, I am going to let this post and topic completely die.  Thank you to all of you who have placed a pillow to cushion my fall either way it goes.  You'll never know how much it really meant to me to read all of those posts.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Found out this morning, the transition in ownership has been pushed to the end of the month now.  I have another two weeks of job limbo.  Smiley Frustrated

I am hovering between all out anger and full on stress. They are blaming it on the virus delaying everything.  More likely, according to what I am hearing, is that they can't get their financing solidified. 

Whether that's because the businesses are shutting down or half staffed, I have no idea and don't really care.  This is the third time they have pushed closing.  I thought when we got the official bye, see you, letter they had everything locked down and set.  

And I told the pharmacy girl, I'd call her today with my definite availability since everything was supposed to happen today.  I have no idea what to tell her now and I'm afraid she is going to think I am unreliable and a complete flake because the supposed management can't get it together. 

If the pharmacy job wasn't part time and a bit of a distance, I'd make them keep their word and take my box and go for good at 5pm.  But I just can't walk away from a long time FT job for something PT that financially may not make much sense in the long run.  Did I say I am stressed?

My apologies for venting.  I am going to try and calm down and figure out what to say to the pharmacy and to myself as to what to do with the rest of my life.  I am so tired of not having control over my own life and future.  I about cried because I am so tired of all of it. 

At least I am being cheered  by the sight of two girls as petite as I am who were sent to move our big, huge, heavy file boxes from the second floor down the stairs.   I guess someone is still confident in the sale happening or no one told them that the sale was pushed back. I would place a bet on that.

My GM has been scrambling to call back the utility companies and ask them not to turn off our electricity, water, and gas at midnight as requested since we don't have anyone new to pay the bills as expected.  I've never in my life seen such a circus and watch people tolerate it like it's normal.   My stepfather is a retired CEO and he's been in awe and happy to be retired.

Common sense and and responsibility towards your "human" resources has totally been lost. Smiley Sad    

@Laura14 

Yep, good ole common sense seems to have been missing for sometime now

Hang in there Laura..... ....  GOOD LUCK!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Their financing may not be in place?  If they don't get financing, does the deal fall through?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Laura14 

Having gone through the coordination of the breakup of the Bell System in 1984, I know how the craziness of ever-changing deadlines and decisions can impact one's sanity and emotions.

Please go back and read the poster's comment on " disdain and disgust ".  

She is not disdaining  you nor disgusted with YOU.....she is merely commenting on how hard it is to camouflage the very strong negative feelings of disdain and disgust that you feel towards your present and perhaps future employer.

Those strong emotions evidence themselves both verbally and non-verbally.  Non-verbals can include: tone of voice, eye rolls, smirks, body positioning ( turning one's back, choosing a seat as far away as possible, etc. ).

If you want to be chosen by the new company as you have been in the past, you need to make certain that you are seen as competent and professional.

Good Luck with your choice.

Thank you for understanding what I said @jlkz .

You had it exactly right.

I am sorry Laura 14 feels so attacked.  She is in a fragile place right now and I am sure finding it difficult to function.

I worked 40 years in a very stressful career office position, so I know what it's like to go to work when your very sanity is on the line.

Career counseling might be a good idea for this poster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not need career counseling, therapy definitely, but I do apologize @Ms tyrion2. I appreciate your second post.  

To close this all out, I just left a message with the pharmacy and told them the truth about the delay.  I was very appreciative of their opportunity but was frank about a part time position like this probably needing to be closer to home to make some long term financial sense.  I happen to know the sister pharmacy down the street is also looking.  If she's smart, she'll make a call. I ended with I hope we could find a good fit together.

It finally hit me tonight that they should be the ones stressing like this to get me.  Never in their lifetime will they find another adult professional who paid for her own training and certification, got a 100% final evaluation from their own pharmacist, and then wowed them in an interview.  They should be stressed to lose me to a competitor.  I'm slow but eventually I do get there.  Biggest lesson of my life is trying to remember that I really do matter too.

The ball is in their court now.  If they reach back out with something that truly works for me, I'm theirs.  If not, maybe one of my other applications comes through plus I'll keep looking.  

And if I lose my full time job in two weeks, then I lose it and I get to work on my writing full time until I am ready to get back into the fight here or elsewhere.  Obviously I really could use the break.  

Honored Contributor

Please excuse my confusion.  So you turned down their formal offer of part-time employment?  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter Nope.  I let them know I would love to work for them but I needed an answer about my current job first because they were only offering part time.

If they have any interest in really having me and, supposedly they are desperate for techs, they'll muster up the enthusiasm they should have about having someone already trained, certified and experienced knock on their door.  It doesn't happen and I realized that really, really bothered me.  

If they want me, they'll reach back out.  If not, I'm not ready to give up on finding a location that really would appreciate having me.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Can i offer you a big (((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))

and a Smiley Happyand Heart

and

no advice at all..

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."