Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have a great idea for an Online home business

@MsCatLuver - My Webmaster designed many of my hubby's online businesses. He had never done a web page that required so much detail. We worked closely and I had to get him to understand why certain things had to be the way I wanted.

Once the format was done, my hubby started loading the items with me dictating to him the description, etc. After watching him for a couple of weeks I was figuring it out. 

After many sleepless nights, and being awake at 3:00 a.m., I bit the bullet and went on my site and just figured it out - and that was probably 10 years ago.

I have become so quick now at doing things my hubby now gets lost because he no longer does much of the descriptions - he will load the item pictures for me to save time.

Most sites will have a "back store" which the operator uses to correct errors, add product, costs, etc. The Consumer side is what you the consumer sees when shopping on line.

Along with my Webmaster, there is another company that monitors and helps me with any problems. I also use PayPal for processing my orders - which protects both the Consumer and me.

My hubby jokes that if he knew how quickly I picked up on computer skills he would have had me doing his online sites a long time ago, lol.

I will also add, all of the above companies that I work with cost extra dollars every month but are necessary.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden You can start for free on the sba/small business association website for information and free business plan templates. It can be overwhelming, but go for it.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I know you don't want to disclose what the idea is .... but is it a product or a service

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

@Tinkrbl44

You sound like Arlene Francis (a la What's My Line).Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1  Sounds like you learned many new tech. Skills in order to grow your online business.  VERY impressive. Thanks for sharing!

@riley1 wrote:

@MsCatLuver - My Webmaster designed many of my hubby's online businesses. He had never done a web page that required so much detail. We worked closely and I had to get him to understand why certain things had to be the way I wanted.

Once the format was done, my hubby started loading the items with me dictating to him the description, etc. After watching him for a couple of weeks I was figuring it out. 

After many sleepless nights, and being awake at 3:00 a.m., I bit the bullet and went on my site and just figured it out - and that was probably 10 years ago.

I have become so quick now at doing things my hubby now gets lost because he no longer does much of the descriptions - he will load the item pictures for me to save time.

Most sites will have a "back store" which the operator uses to correct errors, add product, costs, etc. The Consumer side is what you the consumer sees when shopping on line.

Along with my Webmaster, there is another company that monitors and helps me with any problems. I also use PayPal for processing my orders - which protects both the Consumer and me.

My hubby jokes that if he knew how quickly I picked up on computer skills he would have had me doing his online sites a long time ago, lol.

I will also add, all of the above companies that I work with cost extra dollars every month but are necessary.