Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have a $971 CREDIT w/ Directv

I'm thinking that you'll get a credit rather than money back. Just count it as being paid up for the rest of the year; then you won't need to make a payment for several months. 

Let us know what happens. And watch out for those zeros! Woman LOL

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  Your tv monthly bill is $208?  Consider cutting the cord....  (Or is it $108?  Can't tell from your OP vs. headline.)

Directv is a HUGE company and I am 100% certain that you are not the first customer who accidentally overpaid their bill by a lot.  Call them and ask them what their policy for this situation is.  If your monthly bill is $200+, then that balance will last around 4 months.  But, if you need the money now for other things, see what they will do for you to help you out.  Good luck!

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I always say 3 people everyone needs as a family member: an attorney, a hairdresser, and a dermatologist 😀

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I've  been on the phone for an hour and 10 minutes.  She's mailing a Mastercard with the balance that I can transfer to our bank account.  Everyone is still working from home.  What???  From home they can't take routing numbers etc for security reasons.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I've  been on the phone for an hour and 10 minutes.  She's mailing a Mastercard with the balance that I can transfer to our bank account.  Everyone is still working from home.  What???  From home they can't take routing numbers etc for security reasons.

@monicakm 

Just call the number on the back of that card and talk with the card services rep to get the amount on that card transferred over to your bank.

Honored Contributor

@JanetsGirl 

With some specials from the Loyalty Dept, our current bill is $100 but after I cancel the sports pkg I added during the football season, it will go back down to $80+ish.  She is sending a MC that I can transfer to our bank account.  1 hr and 18 mins Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

I switched to Directv STREAM and I really like it much better than satellite. With the Directv streaming device (Gemini) you can add all the apps you want. The Gemini comes with it's own remote and it's almost like never having left satellite. Surfing is easy and fast. They gave me a $200 debit card for signing up, plus a free Gemini and unlimited cloud recording storage. No contract and no hidden fees. Pricing for packages listed on their website is all you pay. There are three packages.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm Wow.  Messy noodles!

I can understand there are different opinions, but I'd be inclined to leave the money there, unless you think your company is headed into bankruptcy before you'd use it up. 

I pay a relatively small bill because part of my Xfinity charges show up in our HOA budget.  Still, I would use up all that money in about 6 months, less if Xfinity rates go up.   That's not enough time for you or them to earn much interest because the amount dwindles month by month.

Respected Contributor

Holy cow! I'd be surprised if they cut you a check. They'll probably just let it  sit to eat up your monthly charges.

Honored Contributor

@MalibuFox wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I always say 3 people everyone needs as a family member: an attorney, a hairdresser, and a dermatologist 😀

@MalibuFox I have none of those.  My grandfather was a bootleg barber though.  Does that count?