Honored Contributor

Re: I have Bad Manners & Need advice ...

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 So you think she should lie and say she likes the watch when she really doesn't?   Isn't that dishonest?

Even if she did do that, @KKJ, I would consider it a white lie. I'm not a fan of unnecessary brutal truths. But really, a gracious thank you is all that's needed.

You are so right @suzyQ3 .  That may be the last Xmas gift she receives from the generous cousin.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

It doesn't require a "committee meeting" as you put it.  This is a chat forum where many topics are discussed and the OP was simply asking opinions on her situation, and per usual that happens here,  was criticized and the attacks came.  Wouldn't blame her if she never came back.

@KKJ   OP asked for advice and was given advice.  I'm not sure who attacked her but the advice was donate and not ask for the receipt.

I do not see it as an "attack" to suggest that perhaps the toy should have been donated to a charity dealing with gifts for children.

Also-since the slippers were not in pristine condition I suggested removing the tags and donating to an animal shelter as a "chew toys".

Not sure why this has become an "attack"-unless somebody called her an name or insulted her as a person-the discussion followed as she asked-for advice.

The issue of a "committee meeting" stems from 7  pages of posters saying the same thing over and over.  This situation does not require a Ph.D dissertation.

jmoymmv

Ok, maybe attack was the wrong word, however, there were posts that IMO were uncalled-for. Like the one scolding her for worrying about such a thing when there's a virus to think about.  Like that's the only thing we should talk about??   And the "committee meeting" posts I took as people thinking it wasn't important to warrant discussion.  

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

It doesn't require a "committee meeting" as you put it.  This is a chat forum where many topics are discussed and the OP was simply asking opinions on her situation, and per usual that happens here,  was criticized and the attacks came.  Wouldn't blame her if she never came back.

@KKJ   OP asked for advice and was given advice.  I'm not sure who attacked her but the advice was donate and not ask for the receipt.

I do not see it as an "attack" to suggest that perhaps the toy should have been donated to a charity dealing with gifts for children.

Also-since the slippers were not in pristine condition I suggested removing the tags and donating to an animal shelter as a "chew toys".

Not sure why this has become an "attack"-unless somebody called her an name or insulted her as a person-the discussion followed as she asked-for advice.

The issue of a "committee meeting" stems from 7  pages of posters saying the same thing over and over.  This situation does not require a Ph.D dissertation.

jmoymmv

Ok, maybe attack was the wrong word, however, there were posts that IMO were uncalled-for. Like the one scolding her for worrying about such a thing when there's a virus to think about.  Like that's the only thing we should talk about??   And the "committee meeting" posts I took as people thinking it wasn't important to warrant discussion.  

@KKJ   You didn't tag me so I almost didn't see your response to my post.

I didn't take the committee meeting posts as the topic was not important.

I took it as the usual page after page of posters saying the same thing.

I, for one, responded to that remark.

As far as the virus, I agree 100% that it takes over too many threads.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh