Honored Contributor

Re: I have Bad Manners & Need advice ...

@Sage04 wrote:

@RinaRina  a few people have said that you should have "donated" the toy. That's what you did. You "donated" it. Donations are not just through Organizations. It could be through an individual also.

As for the slippers, I would donate it to Goodwill or another organization, unless you know someone who really needs it and the size is correct. Some people get nothing for Christmas and this will be a good will.

I get your point, @Sage04, but when I think "donation," I think of those in need. Perhaps neighbor qualifies, but that wasn't mentioned.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

sounded like a regift, donate

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I wish i was your friend, i find most people just don't give good,nice gifts.

Are you for real? I appreciate any gift I receive because I know that I was thought of. Gifts don't have to be expensive to be worth giving or keeping. It's the thought that counts!!!!

Honored Contributor

My recollection is you had work related issues to bad manners so it's good you asked for advice. No, you don't ask for a gift receipt to return them, and you don't keep something you can't use. You toss them if worn or chewed on by a pet and you donate what is in good shape.

Honored Contributor

She was just trying to do something nice for you.  Hopefully she won't make that mistake again.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 Maybe, and even though it's impossible to go into someone else's mind to know her intent, I agree with the OP that it seemed she was trying to dump something on her that she (the neighbor)  didn't want.  I mean, would YOU give a pair of chewed-on slippers to your neighbor? 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ  of course not!  And I've received some unconventional gifts in the past from acquaintances.  But I thank that person and move on. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@KKJ  of course not!  And I've received some unconventional gifts in the past from acquaintances.  But I thank that person and move on. 

Why assume and assign the worst intention on someone? Weird. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@Mj12 Maybe, and even though it's impossible to go into someone else's mind to know her intent, I agree with the OP that it seemed she was trying to dump something on her that she (the neighbor)  didn't want.  I mean, would YOU give a pair of chewed-on slippers to your neighbor? 

@KKJ the OP said it was the tag that had the problem, not the slippers.The OP assumed it was done by a dog, but it could also have been done by a child who was teething.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ the OP said it was the tag that had the problem, not the slippers.The OP assumed it was done by a dog, but it could also have been done by a child who was teething.

@Sage04   Who lets a child chew on the tags on a pair of slippers???

The point is the slippers were not in the best shape. 

And I cannot believe I'm still reading this thread.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh