Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

News to me. Seems rather silly. It doesn’t bother me if some people don’t use punctuation in texts, but it can make it harder to read and understand if it’s more than a few words. I usually try to stick with correct punctuation. 

Esteemed Contributor

This was a very entertaining read.  What has become of our lives where this is even a thing??   I have a friend that texts and writes emails "without" any punctuation and I have to read it three times to make heads or tails out of it!! ( LOL ) 

Honored Contributor

IT won't change my habit...I do it all the time.  Some people need to find a hobby.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   I also heard this...just stupid as far as I'm concerned.   I heard it on the radio.

Honored Contributor

How stupid.  Stupid!

A kid really came home upset about this?  Geeeeeez.

I use as proper punctuation (as I remember it....lol).

My phone automatically inserts a period after I double space for my next sentence.

Otherwise, it would be run-on sentences.

I don't do the shortest of shortcuts for words, either. 

No one I know is hanging on waiting for my incoming texts before they can put the landing gear down on a 767. 

So it's not that important that I hurry and text them back.  In fact, I'm usually a little slow even checking my phone. 

It could be a day or two before I get back to you.

If my kids became upset about a period at the end of the sentence, then I raised pansies.

Trusted Contributor

Jeez, and I just found out how to put the period at the end of a sentence without going to the numerical keypad.  Oh well, I'll still use it.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

How do you end a sentence when you've got another sentence following?  Periods are necessary.  My niece has never told me this, and I often text with her.  This makes no sense.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Who's rule is this, total nonsense if you ask me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

This is idiotic, and NPR is abusing its mandate by giving things like this airtime.

The way to stop gotcha culture from ruling your life is to ignore its demands, or better yet, laugh at them. If you don't, you'll be subject to the tyranny of self-absorbed people like this child insisting that you bend to their demands. Just say no.

I stand with punctuation.

@noodleann   I think that story was an exaggeration to make a period-er, I mean point.

I'm sure that mother used periods before but just now, with one text, son has his hair on fire.

It appears to me son is the one with the period-er, I mean issue.

Another example of a person making a period-er, I mean decision, based on nothing but somebody said to make it so.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Good grief, who cares?   Not me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)