Honored Contributor

Re: I had a visitor tonight 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊 yikes!!!

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl 

Oh I've had my share of racoons in fact they like me so much they decided to move into my attic...omg then the babies came...a nightmare at its best🙄😳😡

@SuhseK : I'll be happy to send them to you😉

5C56AEF1-F07F-42B3-A4C2-BFE001C327F2.jpegr

F7DAACFC-3FB0-4396-8F3D-4E3450458BB5.jpeg

DA246F02-05FF-4FDC-BEB8-563CBB39279B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Yikes!!! Glad it moved on!

I'm afraid I'd have had a heart attack!

Honored Contributor

My number one rule for moving..... 1) I'll never move anywhere where the lizards are bigger than I am!!  Nope, Nuh uh, no way...... 

I'm originally from So. Ca. and have seen/dealt with all manner of poisonous things, including painting the interior of garages/outbuildings a glossy white so black widows won't nest in the corners (it actually works).  Have seen/killed rattlers in the backyard and watched a  young mountain lion leasurely walk the length of our backyard....

But watch an alligator in my back yard?  No glossy white paint is going to make that thing go away.....Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Oh, the little baby raccoons!  Sooo cute!  We have a small number of raccoons here but I haven't seen them this year.  I've never seen the babies, though.   

I love the reptile, too, though so I'm just a real sukker for animals and especially the babies.  

Been watching my birdies and squirrels enjoying the breakfast I bring out for them each day.   The other day I saw a cute little mousie drinking from the squirrels' water bowl that I keep down under the bench.  So cute and tiny!

We have just a tiny bit of snow falling, even though it's over 50F out there.  Odd, that, but not really for here.  We've had snow every month of the year, over the years recorded.  The only one I haven't seen was August, so that must have been ages ago since I've lived here for over 40 yrs.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

yikes is right...I saw one like that in S. Carolina, Middleton Plantation walking tour, the guide warned me not to get close because they are fast.  And they ATTACK you.  It was sleeping all by itself, in the sun, I tried to look at it.  Carefulness required.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@J Town Girl 

Oh I've had my share of racoons in fact they like me so much they decided to move into my attic...omg then the babies came...a nightmare at its best🙄😳😡

@SuhseK : I'll be happy to send them to you😉

5C56AEF1-F07F-42B3-A4C2-BFE001C327F2.jpegr

F7DAACFC-3FB0-4396-8F3D-4E3450458BB5.jpeg

I don't really want them to move in and expect a bedroom 🙃 but I do think they're adorable! 

My late brother, lived most of his adult life, in a stunningly beautiful recreational area, Priest Lake, Idaho. 

In the Idaho Panhandle, one of my favorite places, ever, to visit, but, too rural, for me, to want to live. 

Once,  Fish & Wildlife, trapped a Grizzly, on his property, basically, in his backyard. It was a young bear, and was relocated. An interesting experience, but, too up close and personal, for me!

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh, the little baby raccoons!  Sooo cute!  We have a small number of raccoons here but I haven't seen them this year.  I've never seen the babies, though.   

I love the reptile, too, though so I'm just a real sukker for animals and especially the babies.  

Been watching my birdies and squirrels enjoying the breakfast I bring out for them each day.   The other day I saw a cute little mousie drinking from the squirrels' water bowl that I keep down under the bench.  So cute and tiny!

We have just a tiny bit of snow falling, even though it's over 50F out there.  Odd, that, but not really for here.  We've had snow every month of the year, over the years recorded.  The only one I haven't seen was August, so that must have been ages ago since I've lived here for over 40 yrs.

Raccoons are adorable.  When I was a kid, we had them as pets.  Smart critters and they liked us.  

Honored Contributor

Today I've seen a couple of the baby squirrels.   So cute I can hardly stand it.   But, man, it's impossible to get a good pic.  They move fast and are more perceptive than birds so you're hard-pressed to get a good shot unless you really luck out.   This was the best one I could get (just now) - 

P1140747.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet holy mother, I don't know how anyone lives in Florida.  

I found a garter snake in my basement the other night and freaked out.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl  and @homedecor1   I can relate to the racoons.  One winter, while our boat was in storage (and shrink wrapped), a racoon got in and had her babies there.  We towed the boat to the shore (still wrapped and not knowing about the racoon situation).  

Once we started preping the boat for the water, we discovered the racoons in the cabin. A protective mother is a nasty creature!  Animal control came and got her and her four babies.  We had $12,000 worth of damage to the interior of the boat.  Fortunately, it was all cosmetic.  None of the wiring or mechanical parts were ruined.  

In my mind racoons equal nightmare!