Honored Contributor

I had a visitor tonight ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ yikes!!!

Pouring rain here all day so I have "man made" pond in my backyard ....oh my I had a visitor in my yard!  He was moving & honestly if I didn't see him go in I'd never know he was "resting" in there๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

he is a striped one and about 6' long.  My neighbor called he was in the street about a hour later - guess he was making his way to the storm drain. Yikes!!!

8E1AF58C-C1B7-4294-A58E-B5E77B84F713.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: I had a visitor tonight ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ yikes!!!

Yikes!!!

My heart is beating fast just looking at that picture!!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   Well at least it left your yard.  I wouldn't want to look out of a window to see that in my yard, no way.  Glad it moved on.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

is it an alligator? is this in florida? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 

yes striped alligator about 6' long.  I videotaped him and was surprised how fast they move.  

My cat was sitting at the window fixated on something so I decided to check it out.

Yes I'm in FL.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ. That is one visitor that would NOT be welcome in my yard.๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the stripes are cool though. It certainly gets your attention.๐Ÿ˜Š 

~~~All we need is LOVE๐Ÿ’–

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 

yes striped alligator about 6' long.  I videotaped him and was surprised how fast they move.  

My cat cat was sitting at the window fixated on something so I decided to check it out.

Yes I'm in FL.  

That's the reason I'm not fond of snakes and other reptiles (except turtles and anoles - anoles also move quickly, but away from you. I'm in FL, too)

Denise
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 So what is this animal ?

Honored Contributor

Alligator 

@BeccaLou 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

My next door neighbors were ringing my doorbell to tell me I had a visitor in my back yard.  They didn't offer to take care of the problem either.  I eventually decided to leave the visitor to his/her devices as they are good to rid the yard of rats/mice.

See picture of black rat snake below.  He was about 3 feet long.

snake.png