Valued Contributor

I had a meet and greet with two members of Celtic Thunder

A weekand a half ago we went to a Celtic Thunder concert.  They were fantastic as usual but the line up has changed: George has died, Keith left to pursue a solo career,  Damien is back along with Michael O'Dwyer and Neil has graduated from being a back up player to singing wth the others.

As a surprise my husband bought a meet and greet for me for after the show.  I met Ryan {be still my heart} and Emmet.  They couldn't have been nicer or friendlier. We spoke and took pictures and I have an autographed program.  You could tell they were tired, but they took time to connect with everyone who was backstage. It lasted about a half hour.

It was a magical night and a great way to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniverary!

Respected Contributor

Re: I had a meet and greet with two members of Celtic Thunder

What a wonderful evening.  Happy anniversary to you!🍂🌻🍂

Respected Contributor

I love Celtic Thunder. A friend I met on-line told me about them. Lucky you being able to go. They were touring in a few states near me just recently but I couldn't go. Dealing with back issues. Happy Anniversay too, nice way to celebrate it.

Valued Contributor

My friend and I were able to see Celtic Thunder whenever they appeared in NYC and they were fantastic.

They haven't appeared on PBS in  a long time so I thought perhaps they had disbanded.  So sorry to hear about George's passing - he had such an incredible voice and was the sole singer on my favorite of their songs.

Respected Contributor

I am soooooooo jealous! My ds got me hooked on them years ago! I was afraid they had broken up! I love them! Sorry to hear about George, I think I'd heard something about that! I also will miss Kieth! Do they have any new releases? Lucky you! Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 40 years August 14th.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@Margo Channing

What a wonderful evening you and DH had.

I love the Celtic Thunder music.

Happy Anniversary!!!

😊🎉😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Occasional Contributor

I went to a celtric thunder last year,loved every second of it. They were in Millwaukee,Wi doing The Best of tour.Did not do meet & great,but would have loved to meet them. Our Pbs just had on the Legacy show,but it was last springs show as Kieth was in it,and no Michael, however Damien was in it also.Great group.

Respected Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

A weekand a half ago we went to a Celtic Thunder concert.  They were fantastic as usual but the line up has changed: George has died, Keith left to pursue a solo career,  Damien is back along with Michael O'Dwyer and Neil has graduated from being a back up player to singing wth the others.

As a surprise my husband bought a meet and greet for me for after the show.  I met Ryan {be still my heart} and Emmet.  They couldn't have been nicer or friendlier. We spoke and took pictures and I have an autographed program.  You could tell they were tired, but they took time to connect with everyone who was backstage. It lasted about a half hour.

It was a magical night and a great way to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniverary!

Wow! I love them!

I was sick one entire summer and all I could do was watch tv and I closed my eyes and from the tv came the most beautiful music.

I was hooked ever since.

Happy anniversary! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!  What a terrific surprise!!!!

I love Celtic Thunder!!!!!!!!  The lads always give 200% during their shows.  This Legacy tour will be in our area next weekend.  Can hardly wait!!!

George Donaldson passed very unexpectedly in February of 2014.  Keith is currently in the US doing a solo tour with his band.  Colm is back in Scotland at university, Emmet O'Hanlon was doing opera in the Midwest.  

Having Damian back for this tour is a real plus.  Amazing how far he has come since the very first show at the Helix.  Nice to have Emmet Cahill back too.  Ryan and Damian are the only ones left from the front line;  Neil is an original member too.  He was part of the band before moving to the front line.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ryan and Neil.  True gentlemen!!!!!  They couldn't have been nicer, and, they spent time with everyone.  I believe that they genuinely appreciate the fans.

Looking forward to the show!!!!  Also looking forward to their tribute to George.  The big man will forever be missed.