Respected Contributor

I had a little fun yesterday !

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of that SS scam. I get several calls a day and usually I don't answer my phone but since there is a pandemic and some days are pretty boring I decided to answer a call yesterday. I did this once before and they gave me the exact same story. So I pressed 1 after the initial recorded message and got a guy with some kind of accent and he proceeded to tell me that an abandoned car was found on the side of the road somewhere in Texas and there was blood on the seat and my SS information was found. He asked for my SS# and I gave him a fictious #, name and birthdate (which he put me on hold, came back and said he confirmed my info)Woman Very Happy He then told me there was a warrant for my arrest for drugs and money laundering and the police were on their way to arrest me.  I said WHAT ?? and acted very disturbed. He bought it of course and then I asked if I could say something, he said ok,  AND THEN I LET HIM HAVE IT !!  I told him I know it's a scam, said a few curse words, told him to get a real job and hung up !!  I'm sure he's heard it before but I enjoyed it Woman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: I had a little fun yesterday !

Great use for a police whistle as well...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

Loved your story. I let all callls go the answering machine for that reason. Thank you for sharing!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelainwrote: Great use for a police whistle as well...

If you are referring to blowing a whistle into the phone to blast their eardrum that's a great idea,  also banging the phone on a metal pan Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, but protect your own ears before blowing the whistle.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Good story. I now screen all calls, but in the past if I answered a scam call I would just sing as soon as I realized what it was. With my voice, they'd hang up in a instant.

Honored Contributor

I put the TV on mute.  Then I click over and eventually I get a busy single meaning they hung up.

Sometimes, if I’m in a bad mood I’ll just start pushing buttons over and over and (well you get the message.

Sometimes I’ll just take the phone off the hook and place a pillow over it.

We all have our ways.

I get very pest when they call my cell phone.  That’s when I block their number.

Honored Contributor

I like to play with them also.  I pretend I'm old and a bit confused.  I lead them on and then say oh oh I forgot to turn the burner off then lay the phone down for a minute or so.  They stay on because they think they have the perfect victim.  It wastes their time so less calls they can make - plus it's fun!!  It's fun to see how long I can keep them on the line.

Respected Contributor

You guys are too funny , i accidently called an 800 number , and the girl would not shut up talking at 100 times the normal speed , to get me to say yes to some scam  , i yelled NO several times before hanging up . I can't imagine having a job like that , it would be so demeaning.

Esteemed Contributor

I love to answer the scam calls & “play” with them .... some of them get really mad & curse me out while I laugh right in the phone .... I have noticed that I get fewer calls than before..🙃🙂