Honored Contributor

Re: I guess I should tip the delivery guys

I don't even think about tipping delivery guys when bring me my goods. I've never tipped, probably never will either. As far as I'm concerned this is what they were hired to do - make deliveries.

If the receiver chooses to tip, this is on them in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we put the addition in we hired 2 men and a truck to move stuff from the loft to new bedroom. We have spiral staircases and they had to move king size bed and dressers. 

We did tip them and made sure there were cold drinks and snacks. 

Don't think we would tip delivery people.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty  I always tip. $20 per person. I feel it's the right thing to do.

Honored Contributor

It's an opportunity to be a blessing to someone.  

Honored Contributor

We tipped the two guys who delivered and set up our new livingroom set $25 each.  They were quick and efficient.  Also the old set was still in the house waiting for hubby and nephew to remove it and the delivery guys put it in their truck and dropped it at our condo's dumpster.  They volunteered.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It's an opportunity to be a blessing to someone.  

Yes indeed!  

Honored Contributor

Delivery people are not service workers dependent on tips.  They are well-paid for their skill level.  It is not customary in my area to tip them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in SE FL (not in Ian's path) but have been under a tornado watch for two days. We had tornadoes yesterday night--about six of them.

I can't believe deliveries are continuing. I had a book and a Nordie's package delivered this AM.  I should have tipped them,. but they drive stealth vehiicles--I get an email alert, but never hear them at the porch in the back of the house where I work.

Delivery people are heroes....where would we have been w/o them during Covid?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We are have new bedroom furniture delivered tomorrow (after a 5 month wait so it could be made) New bed frame which they will put together, nightstand, tall dresser and regular dresser. I will tip them because delivering this stuff will require going up stairs. I was wondering how much I should give this guys. 

@Meowingkitty   We always tip delivery people so since they are delivering quite a bit of furniture and going up stairs I would go with $20 per person.  It will depend upon your own budget.

I would not call the company; whatever the persons are making per trip or per hour it really doesn't matter.

It's a gesture, especially today, which will be much appreciated. 

I think it is nice of you to do this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

My hand hurts from "Hearting" all these generous Posts. Never before have I hearted so many in one Thread. For those who love to tip, I'm right there with you.