Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I guess I annoy the barista..:/ (any baristas, especially, please chime in!! :) )

@SharkE wrote:

They hardly give me time to pick up my grocery bag before some wild eyed chick pushes me out the aisle , then, I have to go someplace and put in my billfold and get my receipt handy in case somebody stops me coming out of Walmart.

Act like they got ants in their pants or have diarrhea

So true..So manypeople act like they ae having a medical emergency..SLOW DOWN!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I guess I annoy the barista..:/ (any baristas, especially, please chime in!! :) )

I rarely use cash anymore - cc for mostly anything even if it is 2.00 as long as the store accepts it. Transaction goes much quicker and lthe line moves along. Many food places  have now gone cashless. Everyone swipes and goes - you can add a tip or not. No counting, rooting for change etc.

You are kindhearted to leave her such a generous tip - If you want to continue to tip her - tell her to keep the change. Let her lug the .loose change.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI:  Cashless stores are popping up across the country.  New Jersey and Massachusetts both have laws that prohibit stores from discriminating against customers choosing to use cash. Cities, like Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, D.C., and San Francisco, all have proposed or have laws regulating cashless stores.

Credit cards, debit cards and apps are increasingly preferred by many businesses although most Americans are against going cashless.

Cashless businesses are common in other countries and expanding.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I’d probably just take my business elsewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msh8970 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

They hardly give me time to pick up my grocery bag before some wild eyed chick pushes me out the aisle , then, I have to go someplace and put in my billfold and get my receipt handy in case somebody stops me coming out of Walmart.

Act like they got ants in their pants or have diarrhea

So true..So manypeople act like they ae having a medical emergency..SLOW DOWN!!!

It's because their boss tells them to keep the line moving.

There have been many posts on these boards, where someone was complaining about having to wait in line while someone wrote out a check, put the amount in the register, put the wallet back in to the purse, or, even, yes, while they paid in cash, and dug around for coins.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Just give the dollar bills and tell her to keep the change. 

If you continue to "annoy" her by continually doing the same thing over and over, then may I suggest that you are also part of the problem.  Whether she is really rolling her eyes or sighing is not my call.

Why the need to keep doing this?   You have control of the situation.  Take it and move on.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : We have been told by several waiters that leaving tips on any card reduces the amount of tip they received because of processing fees. Told this in several different restaurants. They appreciate the tip in cash  and no objections to the coins. I have a friend that is a waitress and she verified this plus said she is very appreciative of any tip received. She said she has had very large parties that she gave excellent service and the tip would be $2 and nothing extra on the charge card. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

As long as pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and even 50-cent pieces and dollars coins are legal tender, use them as you please.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

It is such a rush rush hurry hurry world....I alway feel that when I want to give them the change....they seem perturbed waiting for me to get it out of my change purse.  Thus I have a heavy change purse  full of change that I can not seem to get lighter. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd just round up to an even dollar amount and forget about giving her the exact coin amount. She really should not be showing her annoyance, but I'll just say that it annoys the heck out of me when I'm standing in line and a person is digging around in her/his coin purse looking for the exact change. I don't carry much change with me, and I don't use change because it always goes into a big coin jar that DH and I have.