Honored Contributor

Re: I guess I Missed The Memo

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

Ah, yes.

The simpler, calmer, more polite 1890s.

@They Call Me MR Wilkes   Yes, I was just thinking, I don't remember people being much different in the 1990s than they are now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Surely, the teens tearing up and burning down buildings and racing in the streets ala Fast & Furious wouldn't be tolerated. Parents were more 'hands on'.

If I participated in that kind of activity I wouldn't be allowed back in the house.  Nowdays all we can do is put up with that type of **** and the law has their hands tied and the hoodlums know it and take full advantage of the situation

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
When I hear people on the phone in public restrooms I make sure I give a few extra flushes at the toilet.😊

@lgfan 

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that phone etiquette ever covered speaker phone.  I do use speaker phone when I'm out, if the conversation isn't private or sensitive.  I speak quietly but I suppose people near me might hear.  It's no different than speaking to a companion who would be sitting beside me.  I think the real problem is that some elderly people become sensitive to sound, noise, Cerritos tones.  It's not that the noise is loud, it's just very irritating to people who have this.  

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
When I hear people on the phone in public restrooms I make sure I give a few extra flushes at the toilet.😊

Exactly...along with other "hints" of where we are at!Cat LOL

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Don't mind the speaker or loud talking, I want them to pay attention to where they're walking, driving & keep track of kids in parking lots....it's so irresponsible to have little kids running ahead & trailing behind while you're distracted talking on the phone. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

All I hear is ridiculous, unimportant, idle chitchat. Boring people seeking attention I guess. Talking on phones in restaurants or in stores is just plain rude. Call prior to or after your acitivites. 

Esteemed Contributor

The memo I missed is the one that says everyone must have a cell phone and have it attached to oneself 24/7 and respond to a call or text immediately.

I consider it a good day if I remember to bring my cell when I'm going out.  It is a great day if I remember to turn it on. 

In other words, I'm grateful to have a cell in the event of an emergency but despise the expectations that cell phones are for the convenience of others being able to reach me at all times.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

don't turn mine on. Just take in case of emergency to call AAA or call in a pizza on way home.

Nobody I care enough about to be "on call" for leave that to the Dr.'s

Esteemed Contributor

@aj1980 wrote:

Phone etiquette is gone. I guess people feel its their right to use speaker phones and or talk loudly in Public places.  I miss the 90's when life was simplier.  I least I think so  Just sayin.....

@aj1980 

"miss the '90's"?  Simple for me goes back to the '50's-'60's.  Seems like many living in these last few decades, live in their private bubble. They don't want anyone else to disturb them that world.  

Fine with me, I can easily avoid most of them.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)