Trusted Contributor

Re: I guess Gary is done with the Squirrel thing….

I think Gary and Carolyn are good enough friends that he would have been perfectly comfortable telling her to stop the whole squirrel thing. I think he enjoyed it as much as she did. I never understood why some viewers got so riled up about it. They had fun with it and I'm sure a lot of the viewers did too.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember the time that Carolyn gave the raspberry to viewers who complained about the squirrels? On the air and full on to the camera? That was probably unnecessary.

I am sure the squirrel shtick did not get her laid off. Companies have a lot of criteria to consider when making those decisions, including the future direction of the company. Sales plus being a team player, soft skills with peers and others, etc. for example. Also, company politics can play a role. If you don’t friends in high places, that can be all that it is, everything else being equal.
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I hope the squirrel thing is over.  It was Carolyn who started that ridiculous thing anyway.  I always thought Gary was embarrased about the whole scenario.

Really?  All this time I assumed QVC thought this up and made them play with stuffed squirrels.  I don't blame Gary at all!