Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got a phone book delivered

The last time I saw "real" phone books (residential and commercial listings) was in 1998 when I was getting my parents home ready to put it on sale.  Parents lived in Silver Spring so they had books for MD suburbs, D.C., and VA suburbs; when stacked, they were probably 18" tall!

Honored Contributor

Found a good use for it before it went into the recycle bin.  Bye, bye spider.  👋

Esteemed Contributor

I wish we'd get a phone book!!!   I've kept the last one we got dated 2014, but it's really not helpful anymore.  How in the heck do you look up a phone number of a person (not a business)?  You can't get numbers from an 'information' operator anymore.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I can't remember the last time I got a phone book! I use to call for my mother to have books delivered to her.

Honored Contributor

I get a phone book delivered every year. I don't see it as a problem.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Me either.  It has to be years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14. So did we.  Literally this thin book in a plastic bag thrown on the front lawn.  I thought it was trash when I went out to pick it up.  Such a waste of money!!!!

Honored Contributor

Why do they always deliver it by dropping it precisely halfway up the driveway about half an hour before a driving rainstorm? In my lifetime I swear I've received more drenched in the plastic bag phone directories than dry ones.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Now, this post is hilarious coming from someone who shops on a TV shopping channel.  LOL!!  Choose your dinosaur!