Honored Contributor

Re: I got a phone book delivered

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt I have that channel!  Look at me going to bed with a man again every night.  I am back to my college days.  😉😂

@Laura14 

😄😆.......  

Funny how I find Johnny Carson reruns so much more interesting than what's offered today as "late night talk".....

@Spurt   @Laura14    I so wish Johnny was still around.  We NEED him about now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I had to laugh.  I watch Johnny Carson every night on Antenna TV!  It's been a blast.  

Honored Contributor

Here in WV, Frontier phone and internet service is the pits.  Their customer base is decreasing rapidly, which I understand completely.  

Our phone book has never been a big one, and is about 6x8 in size now; I just don't understand why the print has to be so small!   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the comment they shouldn't be leaving them unless requested. I get one, sometimes two, about every six months. They, along with the ugly magnets (always from a lawyer), get tossed. Are they suggesting they think I have a need to keep legal counsel's number on my fridge? Are they spying on me, lol?

Whoever clarified what the milkman had to do with phone books--thank you. I had no idea what Laura was talking about. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We still get one phone book delivered a year. They are very fast at throwing the plastic bag with phone book  in it out a car window before you can stop them.  I just throw it in recycling.  Such a waste of paper and MORE PLASTIC BAGS......Should be a law  against  IT😡 No opt out where I live

Honored Contributor

We have not received a phone book in years, either.

I thought the ones being delivered are published by private companies instead of the old telephone company phone books??

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

We got one.  I'm not sure delivered is the correct term I would use.  It was thrown in our driveway during a rain storm.  It laid there a couple of days until it was trash day.  I threw it in the recycle bin.  

Honored Contributor

I still get a Yellow-pages directory that I use when needing services from local business people.

Esteemed Contributor

Ours is once a year. No problem. I rather enjoy it. And it does bring back memories.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop  That itty bitty type one apparently for my cell phone. Impossible to read without a magnifing glass at my age and with the retina surgery this year. 

I also receive a couple regular phone books for my land line. I use them (not often) for the yellow pages periodically and am glad they are still printed. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.