Honored Contributor

Re: I got a phone book delivered

The last phone book I received was thinner.  It was the 2013-2014 edition and it business listings only.   They took out all the residential listings even in the 2012-2013 book.  These are the oldest that I still have at the office.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt I am rewatching Star Trek from the 1990s and PBS infomercials on health and wellness.  That's how bored I am.  Here's Johnny may be a welcome reprieve!  

@Laura14 

I know what you mean, Its very difficult to find anything of interest on TV these days. Sitcoms are not funny and are boring, dramas or all the same story lines, can't stand reality shows. Channels I used to enjoy like HGTV and the Food Network have gone to heck, they fired or relocated some of my favorite ESPN sports analysts, ....Even the Game Show Network is 90% Family Feud reruns or Cash Cab...I will watch the classic TV channels, or Create, or a music show on PBS, or a good movie from the 30's or 40's on TCM. And I cant wait for NFL football to return!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KaySD That is so cool!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Me too!  I am so ready for football, it's not funny.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@KaySD I loved and related to everything you said.  How lucky to still have a bit of the old.  Heart

I bought an actual ticking clock about a year ago for home decor.  The smile on my face at hearing a clock tick almost made me cry.  I miss some of the good old days and still spend money and time for an actual book in my hands.  I so get it! 

@Laura14 

You reminded me of my Grandfather clock that has the pendulum, chains and weights, I love to hear it chime!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I love it when you post @Laura14 because I know I'll get 3 or 4 pages of funny interesting post. Enjoy your humor and sarcasm. Now can you send the bread man? And no, I don't get a yellow phone book. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom That is gorgeous!

@mspatmac Thank you!!  Smiley Happy  The Wonderbread man is on his way...😂

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@KingstonsMom That is gorgeous!

@mspatmac Thank you!!  Smiley Happy  The Wonderbread man is on his way...😂

Oh man, quick call him on your "rotary phone" and give him my address.  Love the Wonderbread.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So I just paged through my new book.

My employer is listed completely incorrectly as something we are not.  They also have a competitor listed that was literally torn down last year and one more that was bought out five years ago and doesn't exist anymore.

I have not entertained myself like this and cried so hard since I gave up shadow puppets.  

I guess take your chances to see who answers the phone number.  And we've been blaming spammers for all of our bad calls.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy, 🤣🤣🤣