Honored Contributor

I got a phone book delivered

You read that right.  It won't boost a toddler with how little it is but it did come with two nice magnets so 👍🏻.

If the milk man shows up next, high five! 🙌🏻

I am so cracking myself up with my immediate surroundings this past week.  

Ghost school kids, the yellow book appearing by my mailbox...is Johnny Carson on tonight? 🤣

Trusted Contributor

Re: I got a phone book delivered

We get phone books delivered about twice a year.  Like yours very thin.  I cannot remember the last time I used one.

If the Milk man shows up, let me know.  I would love to have one.  I wonder if they are still a thing anywhere in America.

Esteemed Contributor

I get one every year.  You must be bored to post this.

Honored Contributor

I hate when they do this!  People should not be allowed to dump stuff at your house if you don't ask for it.

More than once we've come back to town and found stuff piled on the porch.  Often it seemed most of the neighbors went out of town at the same time, so nobody was there to pick it up.

At least we have less of that now. 

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

@barrel racer , @Laura14 

Really? I haven't gotten a phone book in at least 4-5 years!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom Me too!  I thought someone had finally knocked on the printer's door and introduced them to Google.  I guess not.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Does that mean you're bored to respond... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I still get them on a regular basis.  I find the yellow pages are still helpful.

@Laura14   Watch out!  The Fuller Brush man may be lurking in your neighborhood.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Darn it and I really was looking forward to my new set of encyclopedias!  Wrong salesman!  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

You read that right.  It won't boost a toddler with how little it is but it did come with two nice magnets so 👍🏻.

If the milk man shows up next, high five! 🙌🏻

I am so cracking myself up with my immediate surroundings this past week.  

Ghost school kids, the yellow book appearing by my mailbox...is Johnny Carson on tonight? 🤣

@Laura14 

It's like walking into a time warp.....

Yep, in fact Johnny Carson is on--Woman Very Happy-Tribune Media's Antenna TV, the multicast digital channel devoted to vintage television shows, runs full-length episodes of “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” Weeknights 10p ET | 7p PT

Johnny Carson Back in Late-Night: Antenna Adds 'Tonight Show' Episodes -  Variety

I know what you mean about those Yellow Page Phone Books ---Hopefully that ended here last year because of complaints!  People would just throw them away or some neighbors just let them rot by their front door.....I guess businesses that advertise in it arent very smart---dont they realize people do not need phone books, dont want phone books, or don't even use them any more! anymore....SMH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”