Honored Contributor

The wonders of this world!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SurferWife   BAM!  Smiley Very Happy  

@Laura14 DOH!  I got nothin'...maybe the fix hasn't been fully rolled out yet...Smiley Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: I got a notification!

[ Edited ]

It’s obvious there’s a database degradation in their user file.   I submitted a detailed report on 12/4/18, but the problem began in mid-November.  

If the tech support staff had resolved the file corruption (most likely with a simple, “programming 101” re-indexing) as soon as it was detected it wouldn’t have snowballed into the dreadful mess we have now.

It’s not the fault of the QVC Social Team, whose responsibilities don’t include tech support.   It’s the fault of QVC/Qurate for using what appears to be the cheapest, lowest tier of a pre-packaged rudimentary forum platform from Lithium with only the most limited and negligible and negligent technical support which seems to be directed toward doing nothing more than barely keeping the Community crawling.    

In all my years in IT support/management/design/development I’ve never seen a major corporation’s website so poorly managed and with the appearance of having been abandoned as a lost cause.

Allowing a basic user-file database degradation to continue for over 3 months not only repels customers it also puts security of the user file in question, and it’s unprofessional and irresponsible.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

LOL... I hearted u @dooBdoo not because I understand 1 word of what you wrote//explained but to agree anyway 🙃

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 @dooBdoo Well we just have to keep waiting . . . and waiting. 

It's one way to learn patience I suppose and is as interesting as waiting for wet paint to dry.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Great response.  I hope you've forwarded it to Corporate!  They need to hire you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, but no ❤️ notifications.  I see that I was, but I had to go to my response.

Thanks, @dooBdoo, for the explanation.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My notifications are back and I can click on the hearts too.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Frequent Contributor

When it does get fixed does that mean we will get slammed with a bunch of retroactive notifications?  Cat SurprisedMan SurprisedRobot surprisedSmiley SurprisedWoman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

It’s obvious there’s a database degration in their user file.   I submitted a detailed report on 12/4/18, but the problem began in mid-November.  

If the tech support staff had resolved the file corruption (most likely with a simple, “programming 101” re-indexing) as soon as it was detected it wouldn’t have snowballed into the dreadful mess we have now.

It’s not the fault of the QVC Social Team, whose responsibilities don’t include tech support.   It’s the fault of QVC/Qurate for using what appears to be the cheapest, lowest tier of a pre-packaged rudimentary forum platform from Lithium with only the most limited and negligible and negligent technical support which seems to be directed toward doing nothing more than barely keeping the Community crawling.    

@dooBdoo 

Got it! Database degradation/user file/re-indexing

You are truly superwoman and no, I don’t “got it” but sure am grateful for you!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~