Honored Contributor

Some of you might remember that I was laid off last November. I haven't really looked for a new job since then. I took the holidays off and then fell and then had blood clots. Recovering from that took priority over everything else. I really had put a job search on the back burner for awhile.

Out of the blue, I got a call last Wednesday from a company. It's in the industry I've worked in for over 30 years. It's 100% people I know and it's 2 1/2 miles closer to my house than my old office. Before my blood clots, I'd hoped that they'd have a job for me at some point. They're small right now, but hopefully growing. I went in and talked to them Friday and they offered me the job. I thought about it over the weekend. I wanted to make sure that I really, really wanted to go back to work again. My husband is having some health issues and I wanted to make sure there would be enough flexibility because he's my top priority. I accepted the job late Monday afternoon. I start Friday.

To start, it's part time, which is perfect, so it will allow me the time to go with my husband to doctor's appts, tests, etc. And I'll be able to do some of the work from home. I'm so grateful. This literally fell in my lap when I wasn't expecting it. I have to tell you though. Even though I know everyone and the work will be familiar, I have the first day of school nerves. I'm SOOOOO nervous. I'm glad I'm starting Friday so I can get the nerves over with and enjoy the weekend.

I know how we feel about bragging here. I'm not bragging. Just sharing my good news. I've been unemployed for almost 9 months. I'd done some casual job searches online and there wasn't alot out there.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?