Honored Contributor

Re: I got a haircut. Never again. Remind me if I forget. Thank you.

I’ve had only a handful of haircuts that I’ve liked over the years. The first time I see a stylist many will do a good job but then once I start going to them they get lackadaisical and seem to not care about doing as good or thorough of a job.  The head massages stop and the precision and overall care start to wane.  Many times they don’t dry my hair completely or skimp on the styling. Guess I need to start seeing a new stylist every time! Lol

Fortunately, I don’t need to go often since I like my hair long and can trim the ends myself to get by until I need to have it reshaped. 

Esteemed Contributor

You have my sympathies @Maggie Nolia!  I have the same problem, but maybe worse.  Cut my hair in August because it was so hot, and i have regretted it.  Still not long enough for a ponytail.

Tried a new style and it didn't look good on myhair.  Not my stylist's fault, I knew the new style was risky.  My hair has changed as I get older, color, and it doen't behave the way it used to.  

I have to remember not to cut it this much again.

Honored Contributor

My stylist of 10 years moved so I tried a new one in his old salon in Dec.  She destroyed my hair style and it'll take months of trims and shaping to fix it.  I finally found my old stylist and will drive many miles out of my way to go to him from now on.  He's inexpensive but he's very good and knows what I want.

Trusted Contributor

I am cutting my hair short in anticipation of brain surgery next month.  It is a fairly routine procedure, and I could have kept my hair, but I won't be able to bend my head down for a while, which means my curly long hair would be a mess.  I put it in a pony tail last week and cut off the pony tail myself, so there is no turning back now.  But it will grow back - it will just take about two years to make me happy with it again ...

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews

Here's hoping your hair grows out extra fast!

Positive thoughts on your upcoming surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthewsSmart to cut your poneytail off! You can even have fun trimming it as it grows out.

Good luck on your surgery!

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia  Yes! I get you!  I have not cut my hair since 2014. after a bad haircut. I  now have  long silver white hair that I trim myself.  I usually wear it up...or a pony tail.   

Never have to to worry about hating my hair....growing it out or bad haircuts.  Plus it saves me $100 plus a month with the tip.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the kind wishes!

Esteemed Contributor

I get mine cut WHENEVER and it always at a local barber shop just about the same time my hubby goes.  I get good service, a good haircut and lots of local gossip.  Love the place.  Nothing like living rural.  It is like the old time Flyod's Barber Shop of Andy Griffith fame.  And if there is ever anything wrong, heck it will grow.  My total bill is less than $20.  

And I have let my hair grow out to be my natural silver.