Honored Contributor

Re: I got a haircut. Never again. Remind me if I forget. Thank you.

My hair is curly.  It seems like it's getting even curlier.  

I've been going to the same stylist for so long now, so it's rare that I get a bad cut.  

I went through a time when I grew out all my layers.  She warned me not to.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

The key is to have a good stylist.  When you find one, stick with him/her.  I would never go to a walk-in salon.

The same for me @NickNack.

I have extremely thick, curly hair. It takes skill to cut it.  I found a great DevaCut trained stylist and I'm sticking with him!

A friend of mine is trained in the Deva Cut.  She has quite a following.  She quit her salon and works out of her home.  

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

The key is to have a good stylist.  When you find one, stick with him/her.  I would never go to a walk-in salon.

The same for me @NickNack.

I have extremely thick, curly hair. It takes skill to cut it.  I found a great DevaCut trained stylist and I'm sticking with him!

A friend of mine is trained in the Deva Cut.  She has quite a following.  She quit her salon and works out of her home.  

Wow @Bri369!

That's a nice friend to have.  I am so happy with the way my Devacuts have gone. I'm getting my third one on the 18th. I can go 3 months between cuts. 

Layering is a must for me. I'm growing mine back out to just below shoulder length. I had a stupid moment and got it cut last spring to just below my earlobe.  More stupid moment, the stylist used a razor. Death for curly hair. The Devacut hid the damage, which is pretty much gone now. My hair is even curlier than it was before.

Frequent Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"Note to self:  Good hair = no scissors."

Cute and I agree!

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry @Maggie Nolia but my 'remember to remind me' brain cells are shot.

I'm the one who comes on HERE and says just that!  I'm already being held accountable for the light box and some other things I've already forgotten.

See.....I told you I'd forget....for real!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BB26C033-C9C8-4B75-ABFD-C5C3DC485B5F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've found that there are excellent stylists in walk-in salons as well as more expensive salons. I've also found not-as-great stylists at both types of salons, and stylists who exel in one skill more than the other (cut vs. color.). The longest I've had the same stylist working at the same salon is about 3 years. For the last few years, I've always had a picture of the style I'd like on my phone to show the stylist. However, a work colleague and I have a kind of standing joke between us: she shows me her style picture before going to a new stylist & I show her my style picture. We giggle because our experience has been that we have a 50/50 chance of the photo style. My colleague thinks that styling like a photo is more like only a TV thing. Idk, I believe it's more helpful than just verbal directions. Bottom line - I think it usually takes more than 1 visit to a stylist to fully communicate the style goal.

Honored Contributor

A good haircut makes a world of difference in anyone, man, woman or child.  It's worth taking a risk for, stepping out of your comfort zone, and going that extra mile to have hair you love!

It's hair!  It grows!  Hope for something wonderful!

Honored Contributor

I usually get my pixie haircut every 8 weeks, but she scalped me last time and it's been 13 weeks since my last haircut. That being said I have an appointment for Wednesday.lol I'll be sure to tell her just a trim this time.

Honored Contributor

My daughter told me I need to stop having my hair cut because I always hate how it comes out lol.