Honored Contributor

Re: I got a haircut. Never again. Remind me if I forget. Thank you.

The learning curve with a new hair style has always been painful for me.  Bless you!

Honored Contributor

That's exactly why I've been cutting my hair myself most of my life, @Maggie Nolia.

Every professional cut I've ever had, I ended up having to "fix." 

p.s.  I love your "Maggie Nolia" nic! 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I only go to a walk in salon, so far I have been happy

Respected Contributor

Sorry gotta laugh, not at you, but at myself. 

I had this brilliant idea this fall that I wanted bangs. Obviously, I do not remember the last time when I did bangs that I swore up and down  I would never do bangs  ever again!!

Don’t know what I was thinking obviously!! Went and bought a couple headbands and wear one at all times - can’t stand these bangs! This bears repeating NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Good thing is - our hair grows out right!?! 😀 (Just not quick enough!)

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I have my hair cut every other time I color it. The difference between a good haircut and a bad hair cut is usually 2 weeks for me.
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

The key is to have a good stylist.  When you find one, stick with him/her.  I would never go to a walk-in salon.

The same for me @NickNack.

I have extremely thick, curly hair. It takes skill to cut it.  I found a great DevaCut trained stylist and I'm sticking with him!

Respected Contributor

My hair is waist length.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of us have had a bad haircut.  Mine was 9/17.   It took my new stylist just about a year to get my hair back to where it was before, at that time, a major crisis

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

The key is to have a good stylist.  When you find one, stick with him/her.  I would never go to a walk-in salon.

The same for me @NickNack.

I have extremely thick, curly hair. It takes skill to cut it.  I found a great DevaCut trained stylist and I'm sticking with him!

@Ms tyrion2......Good for you.  I wil continue to go to my "walk in" as long as I live where I live or if they close down....which isn't likely to happen.  They do one good business there, plus they give Senior discounts......  And I get many compliments on how cute my cut is.....

Respected Contributor

I used to go to Great Clips and was always very pleased with the stylist and good prices. But one day I walked in and was told my stylist was no longer with them.  Tried others there but was never pleased.  After a lot of trial and error finally found a stylist elsewhere who listened to my instructions and didn't scalp me.