Honored Contributor

I am still ox ox,

I'm very sorry to read about your accident.  May you be blessed with rapid healing and all-around better health!

In 2016, I broke my wrist, and I remember thinking how much we take for granted that all "our parts" are present and in working order.  Really, every day is a blessing, whether we pay attention to that fact or not.

Honored Contributor

Re: I fractured my hip

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 I wish I could blame my cats for my fall the night before Thanksgiving last year.

I *boobey-trapped* a step into the den with parchment paper (the cats won't cross it), while I was cleaning.  But forgot-- and stepped down-- and WHOOOSH down I went onto a tile floor.  I hit so hard, I saw a white flash.  I landed in a sitting position.  

Then I sat there on the floor and wondered if I broke my hip. 

I could hear the water running as DH was taking a shower.  When he got out, I calmly called him. I was laughing (hysterically) when he came down. 

No broken bones, but the most purple-est bruise on my backside and hip.  It was so vivid and pretty--I showed it to everyone! 

I was carrying some extra weight (hangs head in shame) and I think that saved me from a broken bone or two. 

But I hit hard!  It's the first time I've ever fallen since I was a kid.  It's very different now (falling that is)--that's for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear that, since it  happened to me in 2015 I can relate to what you are going through.   I was not sent home after surgery, I spent a full month in rehab having PT every day.  Keep your spirits up and take one day at a time, it will get better, I promise you.  God Bless...

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox, Bless you and thinking about what an awful last few days you've had. Many here are thinking of you and sending healing wishes your way. Try to keep a positive outlook - I think that helps as you recover.

Honored Contributor

Very sorry to hear of your mishap, @I am still oxox .  Hope your recovery is speedy and complete, and your pain goes away rapidly.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

You have my sympathy .....  I had a fall last November - three days in hospital ... and fortunately no bones broken - just lots of pain for lots of weeks!

Honored Contributor

I am still oxox

My sister had hip replacement over a month ago.  I am happy to say she is doing well and each day finds her stronger and moving forward.  I know you will too, speedy recovery and God bless.

Respected Contributor

Oh, man, that sucks! Hope you're not in too much pain

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox,

Oh no!  So sorry to read this.  I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

This year cannot end soon enough.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox take care of yourself and

Image result for funny get well soon flowers gifHeart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee