Trusted Contributor

Re: I fractured my hip

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I fell on Friday in my own apt, had surgery on Sat and just got home from the hosptial, be happy you never know what is around the corner.

Its been a  long few days

You have all the love, friendship, and sympathy that I could possibly send to you right now. Heart

I'm sure we could never imagine some of these things happening to us. Smiley Sad

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. 

I had a freak accident just about a month ago and I broke my right heel standing up, while ironically trying not to fall over.

I ended up tearing my Achilles tendon in that leg and split my heel in that foot at the same time. I also fractured my little toe on that same foot, but that will heal on its own.

Long story short for me is that I have to wait and see what happens with the healing process, as the surgery for my heel didn't take, due to the condition of my foot. 

It was already fragile and arthritic, before I even broke it.

The surgery for the tendon repair was successful, though.

So, I have to wait and see what happens with the healing process with everything. No weight-bearing yet for my foot.

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers while your hip heals. Heart

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry. Don't give up and keep going with therapy. I have heard of Seniors giving up. Hang in there and keep going.

My Aunt and Godmother broke her hip area three  times. She could not stand for long periods of time and did not have the strength but got around fine with a walker after the third time.  She was in Rehabilitation  each time and you are thankfully home, a good sign.

I think a fear alot of us have as we age and it happens. I hope you have help. I know she had wonderful meals delivered through her insurance which was nice.

I sincerely hope all goes well. Not an experience one wants to have. As you said it was a long few days.

Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear that.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

roses.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxoxOh geez! That is awful!  I imagine it's been a very trying and stressful experience.  I hope you have family or friends close by that can offer a lending hand.  Just go easy and take good care!

~LdyBugz

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your fall....best wishes for...

I am so sorry to hear about your fall....best wishes for the coming days and a speedy recovery.    I bet your DH will be the best caregiver you could have.  

Respected Contributor

So very sorry, wishing the speediest recovery possible.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Here's hoping you're on the mend ... so sorry to hear this news.

This year is really something, isn't it?

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   Sending you a Socially Distance air HUG!!!!   I hope you rehab well adn are truly mobile soon.  Hopefully you're not in a lot of discomfort.   I hope you have some good books to read.....    or you can sit back when you're not rehabing and watch QVC!!!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox oh no Oznell.....my friend also fell in her garage and fractured her hip.  She recuperated quickly after surgery spending a few days in rehab.  Be sure to do everything the doctors tell you to do.  Keep it upbeat if you can.  My friend was back to normal so quickly I could not believe it.   You sound to me like you are a most positive person....maintain your positivity.  I know you can do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending prayers and hugs for a speedy recovery and hope things get better for you.