Esteemed Contributor

Re: I found five bucks in the parking lot

@Laura14  Can I borrow 5 dollars? Thanks in advance! I still have some Christmas shopping to do........LOL

Honored Contributor

ROFLMAO @YorkieonmyPillow!!!  Sure.  Just don't spend it all in one place.  I haven't canvassed the parking lot yet today and there is no more yet where that came from.    

$5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@deepwaterdotter...I truly do apologize if I misinterpreted your post. It happens a lot on these boards and I have done it many times.

So have I, Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I found 5 dollar bill on the ground around my shrubs one day while out tending to them. There it was I go "what"?  wanted to make sure it wasn't play money and thought can't be real, but, it was.   High blowing winds down here all the time somebody was probably counting out their money  to pay somebody and lost control of their money.

My sister is always finding money in the Goodwill books. She's found 20 dollar bills at least twice.  She's tight as a tick, so, really a thrill for her.

1#appp.gif

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter....Merry Christmas to you as well. Cat Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

finders keepers.  Its 5 bucks.

Respected Contributor

I believe it was "meant to be."   Probably payback for all the money you have lost in the past.  

Honored Contributor

It's funny you said that @seaBreeze.  Yesterday, I gave away three fairly expensive toy dolls to the Christmas toy drive for the local children's hospital.  I had been meaning to do it for years but couldn't bear to part with them but I really needed to pare down as I have about 7-8 of them now. 

Yesterday I packed up three of them and finally did it and left them by the tree.  Maybe silly to some since they sat around the house and were never played with but I liked them.  It was hard to let a few go.

Anyway, not that I think you should ever be paid for making a charitable sacrifice but I had to wonder about the day.  I've never found money in paper form before.  I think the most I ever saw lying on the ground was one thin dime and the day I do a really good thing, I got a bonus from heaven.  LOL       

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow  Just checking on you.  I want to make sure you didn't go down to the liquor store with my five bucks and wash into the gutter.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Add 45 more dollars and donate it to the Warrior Canine Connection, my favorite charity.

@deepwaterdotter...no disrespect intended, but personally, I am very offended by people who push their favorite charities on others. I have a relative who donates money in my name to her favorite charity every year at this time, knowing full well that it is a charity that I have no interest in.

I am very insulted by this and would never think of forcing it on anyone else. It's a personal thing IMO, like buying perfume for someone else. I don't assume that what one person likes is to another persons liking.

I apologize for the extreme offense catwhisperer.  I didn't realize that the wording of my post was "pushing" my favorite charity on others posting here.  I mistakenly thought Laura14 wanted to know what I would do with the money. Of course each poster has their own use for the referenced $5.  

@deepwaterdotter So what you meant to say is YOU would donate it to the canine charity if YOU had found it. That’s different and unlikely to offend anyone. 

Keepin' it real.