Esteemed Contributor

I found an unusual source for t.p.

[ Edited ]

In my small town a local restaurant is selling $70 boxes of groceries, delivered. I spoke with owner today and mentioned that it was too bad they don't have t.p. (impossible to get any, anywhere!).  She said they can't order anything other than commercial size roll because they hadn't ordered it prior to this mess!  She said if we need it, she'd sell us a roll at cost.  I don't need it now but nice to know it's there, if and when (better than using a catalog or a phone book).

Respected Contributor

Re: I found an unusual source for t.p.

That is a very nice gesture and I’m so glad to hear about it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz    I, like you, ordered some no-name-brand  from Amazon that was supposed to be shipped in late May-early June.  It was shipped yesterday when I ordered it.  I hope it's not like sandpaper.

There's a company in Albuquerque, Rose Paper   Co.,which makes it and sells to the public.  People line up for miles in their cars.  You have to buy a very large quantity and pay cash.  That may be where some of the Amazon stuff comes from.  There was a recent article in the Albuquerque Journal about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

if anyone is really having difficulty finding toilet paper and/or having it delivered, try quill.com. if you are a business you can set up an account so that they send it out and then bill you. if you are an individual you can order items also. very fast shipping and lots of coupon codes to use if you google or check them out on their site. they do still have some name brand on their site and their own brand.

for example, i can order a case of quill brand two ply toilet paper for $62.99 ( a case of 96 rolls) with free shipping, use a coupon for a discount, and have it delivered by 4/7/2020.

i use this company often for office supplies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

DH and I went to Walmart yesterday and Target today and both had tp and paper towels. However you are limited to one each per family. (wise decision)

I find it encouraging that some things are starting to reappear.

(Tusa)

Respected Contributor

We received our shipment of TP from Sam's Club today. It's hit & miss when it is available for delivery, you have to keep checking. Who knew we could be so excited about TP, especially since our first shipment from Office Depot was stolen from our driveway. 20200402_104110.jpg

Respected Contributor

My Target had TP, paper towels and Clorox wipes. I didn't check for Purell.  

I've heard from. 2 people that TP is in stock at Costco

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 :  Thanks for T.P. source (I ordered a case).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@sunshine45 :  Thanks for T.P. source (I ordered a case).

@patbz 

you are welcome.

they are a good company to deal with.

forgot to mention that they are also on mr rebates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if anyone is really having difficulty finding toilet paper and/or having it delivered, try quill.com. if you are a business you can set up an account so that they send it out and then bill you. if you are an individual you can order items also. very fast shipping and lots of coupon codes to use if you google or check them out on their site. they do still have some name brand on their site and their own brand.

for example, i can order a case of quill brand two ply toilet paper for $62.99 ( a case of 96 rolls) with free shipping, use a coupon for a discount, and have it delivered by 4/7/2020.

i use this company often for office supplies.

Can’t thank you enough @sunshine45 .  We already have a Quill account for our business but never would have thought to buy toilet paper from them. Will check it out tomorrow. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett