Honored Contributor

I find this interesting - we ALL scrambled to "find" masks, hand sanitizer....

[ Edited ]

and walk into Walgreens today

-  full shelf of hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, tp, alcohol

then go into Publix (pic here):

- masks, hand sanitizer, hand soap, tp, and more

One week into re-opening and now they have the items everyone was searching for ...yes, I know maybe they recently got a shipment but this particular store had "empty" shelves from essentials to meats almost the whole pandemic ...

B3BD1ACE-21AD-44B4-AEAF-D1816A07E951.jpeg

I'm kinda mad as I did buy masks from HSN (50 pack/$50🙄) because I have late summer travel plans.  I knew I'd need for traveling, but, not 50!  Publix had 10 packs.  I also ordered from HSN vs. Amazon because most were 3rd party sellers and they were delivered today (3 days). 

I will put out to friends & family I have them should they need me to share!🙂

Respected Contributor

Re: I find this interesting - we ALL scrambled to "find" masks, hand sanitizer....

Save them for the fall 2nd wave.  😷

Honored Contributor

Re: I find this interesting - we ALL scrambled to "find" masks, hand sanitizer....

Hand sanitizer seems to be everywhere now.  Even Ace Hardware has it.  Lots of breweries and distilleries are making it.

Better hold onto those masks, this may be a long, painful re-integration into normal life.  If they're the disposable kind and as much as you like to go, you'll run through them pretty fast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

You will probably need it even more now. Don't hoard though!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re-opening should not mean people shouldn't wear masks.

Or maybe better said that masks are just as important, or more, during any re-openings. The virus is still contagious.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@homedecor1 This is very interesting to me. It seems when I see items that were really hard to find and are now in stock it always seems to be on or near the East Coast or Central US. On the West Coast we still have very little if any of the items you found available. Hand sanitizer is not available in any stores near me. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this? I guess the supply chain is closer to the East. Glad you were able to find all the "goodies" we are all looking for. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum exactly what I decided yesterday.  Ordered 50 to add to the few I have and if they arrive as fast as promised and I like the fit I just may order 50 more. 

I don’t have space to stock up on much but masks won’t take up too much. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1So many companies are scrambling both to provide necessities but also to find a way to survive.    We’d be in even worse doo doom if they weren’t.

I think we’ll  be seeing all sorts of over supply of some things as well as shortages of others in the months ahead.  I’d rather deal with that than be ill or dead!

Honored Contributor

If I buy anything it would be to send to my family up North.

I just found this interesting...never said didn't need to continue using masks, sanitizers, etc. -- just why were they no where now things are everywhere.

Then again, maybe all the "hoarders" are out of space to store OR had no luck selling or returning!

Why does anything people post need to go to "negative" remarks🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and shop in Nassau County, I'm not finding sanitizer, masks, paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, napkins, cleaning products for over 2 months.