Esteemed Contributor

I feel like I'm living in a sauna...........

It is so hot and so muggy here in NE PA.  I know it's been like this in a lot of the country and I feel for everyone dealing with it.  I hate complaining because I dislike winter but I feel like I'm going to melt.

In my younger years I lived for this weather and would  lay out in this for hours, with or without a pool.  The older I get I can't do the extremes. No hot/damp rain forest temps and no windchill freezing cold.

Short of  moving to Hawaii for moderate temps I'm out of luck. I would die in the South and I don't care if it's a dry heat, nowhere 100 + in the Southwest.

Everyone take care during this awful heat. Please check on the elderly. Pets too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I feel like I'm living in a sauna...........

It's like that here too.  But I have AC and I'm inside, so I'm not complaining.  I'm goling out in 2 or 3 hours to cut grass.  My choice...so I won't be complaining. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Do you not have access to air conditioning?  I guess it's because of A/C that I don't mind the heat.  When I have to be out, it's typically for short periods of time. As I said in other posts, from my point of view...at least I don't have to shovel the heat/humidity!  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I'm with you, @CrazyKittyLvr2 . I'm in N.E. PA., also and right now it's thundering and raining and so darned hot and humid. I turned my A.C. on yesterday and hated to do it so early in the season cos I hate the electric bill when it comes. I was saying to a neighbor yesterday that I wish I could find a place to live that stayed between 65 and 75 degrees with low humidity all year around, but if there was a place, I couldn't afford to live there. Anyhow, I hope all is well with you. Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  I've been told that place is Aruba.

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

It's hot and humid where we are as well, but I'll take it. I'm going in and out, we have central air.  Our winter was long,  hardly any spring to speak of, so for these few short months, bring on the heat.  I'll make adjustments.  

I was in Nevada last month and was disappointed that the temps were in the low 70's.  

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette  Yes, I have an air conditioner, but it's a big unit.  I will have to call my son to  come put it in.  He has been on call at work so it will have to wait a couple of days.  I do have fans in the windows and ceiling fans but it's still just damp and disgusting.

Honored Contributor

Hasn't been bad here in Chicago.  Wet May, cool June.  I think it reached 90 at O'Hare for the first time yesterday.  Cooler here at the lake.  So far, so good!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

In my teen years I used to lay out in the sun for hours, too. We didn’t have air conditioning but we closed our heavy drapes in the morning to keep the heat out. So we were kind of used to it. As I’ve gotten older, I feel like I can’t handle the heat like I used to. I had to be out and about yesterday and was so glad to get home and take another shower and get comfy. Our heat index right now is 108. Very thankful for AC. 

Honored Contributor

Except for the cities along Lakes Michigan and Superior, Wisconsin is hot and humid. I suppose 87 degrees isn't too bad for those who like the heat, but I hate it.