Esteemed Contributor

I donated my hair yesterday.....

My hair had gotten way to long, almost to my bra line.  I just put it in a bun or ponytail to be out of the way. I hate dealing with a curling iron, blow dryer etc.  I'm retired and don't go out that often.

Some women my age might look good in really long hair, it didn't do anything for me.  Yesterday it came off, it's to the nape of my neck now. It feels so much better and I hope my hair helps someone else.

Respected Contributor

Re: I donated my hair yesterday.....

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I donated hair about 10 years ago and can't seem to let it grown long enought to donate again.   I wish I could since it's just a great cause to donate to. 

You'll love short hair!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

That's a wonderful thing to do.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I donated hair about 10 years ago and can't seem to let it grown long enought to donate again.   I wish I could since it's just a great cause to donate to. 

You'll love short hair!

That's about when I went short - and I also donated my hair. Whenever I decide to let my hair grow long again it gets to a certain point, becomes a pain to deal with and have it cut again. 

Re: the comment about some women have no luck at wearing hair longer when they get older - I'm in an over 55 community (presently with a younger demogaphic) and I often look around to see if someone has a style I might like.  Few   women have longer hair.  I think it's more about the point the OP mentioned - my guess is most of us want "wash n wear and go" hair.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That is wonderful. ❤️

Honored Contributor

What a lovely thing to do... I always thought people who do that are angels on this earth. It is just a very kind gesture..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Financialgrl 

I've always wanted 'wash and go ' hair.   Mine is

'wash and scare' hair.   It dries fly away and frizzy.  I've tried every cut and hair product and it still looks horrible.  

A great thing you did RLS.  I have a friend who over the years has donated her hair probably 6+ times.   She lets it grow long enough to cut and donate and starts again.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Jane Fonda's hair always looks great.  Not sure if it's her own or a wig.  Either way I love her hair styles.

Honored Contributor

I wear my hair short, always have. I just never understood women who had long hair and always haver it tied back. Why? If it bothers you then just cut it short!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I'm Medicare age and my hair is down to my waist-thick and shiny.

Next is to try to grow it to my hips.

I love my hair long. I remember when I lost it and was very sad. So my hair became part of my bucket list.