Honored Contributor

Re: I don't want to complain, but what my friend did is pretty awful

I think she had some nerve asking you to drive fifty miles to take her food. I hope you didn't drive to her house, I would not have, in fact, this sort of treatment would have ended the friendship. She obviously has no respect or consideration for you treating you the way she does.

Honored Contributor

And you consider this lady to be a friend? I am very comfortable with only myself and our furry family and if this were the best I could do when considering a friend? My choice would always be a "no thank you".XXXXXXXXXXXXXX I have not read any of the other replies, but my guess is I am not the only one that feels this way. You deserve much better when it comes to someone fortunate enough for yoy to call them "your friend"! I am sorry this person spoiled your Christmas.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Hooty said:
On 12/27/2014 graycatsrule said: I probably wouldn't invite her again. Friends don't do that to friends.

True friends don't!

I would not contact her, wait for her to contact you, and give her a piece of your mind! With a friend like this, who needs enemies!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

This brings to mind the old saying - With friends like that, who needs enemies!

It's all pretty much been said. I agree with everybody else that this seems, based on the information given, to NOT be a friend. Furthermore, I would not invite them over again - EVER.

You're a giver. Givers tend to attract takers. She is a taker. That won't change.

Super Contributor

Wow! Wish I had a friend like you!

Start planning next year's Christmas now. Maybe include some new friends or others you know will be alone.

So sorry for your disappointment. Maybe the daughter has issues that your friend is keeping under wraps.

Esteemed Contributor

Your friend missed out on a good meal, two years in a row. Her last invitation, I hope. I'm sorry you continue to get rejected by an old friend. It hurts. I'm sure she's not the same friend as an adult as she was years ago. People change. It's not about you. It's her. Say goodbye in your mind and heart now so you're prepared to let her go. Again, no fun, but saying goodbye to an inconsiderate, careless friend is a loving thing to do for yourself. You've got lots of time to meet quality people in 2015. Take care and try not to think about your friend

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It does sound an one-sided friendship. You deserve better. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! That's inexcusable and you best believe she wouldn't be going to any concert with me, either! {#emotions_dlg.angry} Before I put up with stuff like that I'd stay snuggled up in front of the boob tube with my dog!!!!

DON'T put up with her any further, please! You've obviously a VERY kind, thoughtful person. She doesn't deserve to even be your friend.

Honored Contributor

My dear woman you are an enabler, that being said you would be a great friend for someone who would appreciate your blind kindness and consideration. I would kill for a friend that cared that much!

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 circles said:

Stop being her door mat....stop playing the victim...you brought it on yourself...and till you can speak up and demand the respect you deserve...it will continue forever...

I would rather be alone...then be continually stood up by her.....

You have become her broom behind the door....

I would somewhat agree, but I think you are being extremely harsh as far as your comments about O/P's "disposition".

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"