Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't want to complain, but what my friend did is pretty awful

This woman does not know how to be a friend. I would not call her in the future. It takes two to make a good friendship.
Honored Contributor

I am not sure I would be attending the 'symphony' with her.......

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 momtodogs said:

You teach people how to treat you and most of the above posts have said that. By taking her to the symphony (and her friend), you are telling her what she did was okay - - setting yourself up for more disrespectful behavior. Anything that happens from this point forward is now on YOU.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Financialgrl said:

You teach people how to treat you and most of the above posts have said that. By taking her to the symphony (and her friend), you are telling her what she did was okay - - setting yourself up for more disrespectful behavior. Anything that happens from this point forward is now on YOU.

Total agreement.

I wouldn't answer the phone if she called -- but to go to the symphony with her (and HER friend) and "all will be well with the world..."{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 ChessaAZ said:
On 1/9/2015 Financialgrl said:

Total agreement.

I wouldn't answer the phone if she called -- but to go to the symphony with her (and HER friend) and "all will be well with the world..."{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I could be wrong, but I think the OP was being sarcastic when she wrote, "all will be well with the world." I think the OP feels that is what "Lucy's" self centered attitude will be moving forward.

Regarding the symphony, the OP may feel she's already invited "Lucy," and doesn't want to "take back" the invitation. She shouldn't worry about that, IMO. And even though the OP has mentioned she has other friends, they may not be as available as "Lucy" is sometimes available (available in this case = when it suits "Lucy"). So maybe OP just wants to enjoy the symphony, and will then cut "Lucy" out of her life. I hope so.

OP, I'm sorry you have such a selfish and thoughtless friend. You deserve more, and I know you know that - I say this with a hug. :-) You mentioned you will plan to spend next Christmas alone. I wonder if your other friends may not necessarily know you spend Christmas alone, and may want to invite you to spend Christmas with them? I don't know how much you share with your other friends, and if they even know you have been by yourself for many of the holidays. I hope you haven't felt it would be a burden to tell your friends you've been alone, but I can understand if you haven't felt comfortable sharing. I wish you the best, and hope 2015 is a great year for you.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥