Respected Contributor

Why do people say, "Call me any time". I call them, they don't answer, and don't return my call.

They say, "I'll call you tomorrow". They don't call.

I send them an email, they either don't respond, or might reply a week later. 

?????

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: I don't understand people

I think people say that for lack of anything better to say.  It's not really sincere, it's just a general comment.  Kind of like "how are you today" and you know they don't really care how you are.  It's just something to say.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate your honesty, but if you don't mean what you say, then you should not say it. Maybe I am old school, but I was raised to be honest and if I say I am going to do something, I stand by my word. Very sad that people nowadays just say anything and have no intention of following up. 

Edited to add, I honestly don't know what the purpose is for having a phone if you refuse to answer it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It can be very frustrating to be on the receiving end of what seems like blatant disregard for common courtesy. Communication etiquette has evolved over time, because some people lead very busy lives, and are very distracted by, and dependent upon electronic devices, their jobs, family, social media, and other commitments. Then, there are those that are just inconsiderate. If you value the friendship/kinship, and If after telling them how you feel does nothing to encourage more consideration, reevaluating their importance in your life might be helpful. Hopefully, it will not come to that, because some people really mean well, but don't always do well, and may not understand the negative impact of their actions.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer -

I think we could be friendsHeart-

I know there are many people like that and it is disheartening.

I think it is hurtful but to people who do this all the time, to them it may just be the norm and they think nothing of being insincere while never thinking anything else about it or that they may have hurt someone's feelings or maybe don't care if they did!

I think there are a lot of self-absorbed, thoughtless people who just don't get it and lack "emotional intelligence." Their time is oh so important don't you know!

The wonderful thing is when you find someone who isn't this way.

I think there are a lot of people here who would make truly good friends.

I've learned to try not to be hurt by people like this and just think, it's them and this is the way they live,

while also knowing not to invest a lot of time or disappointment with them or hope to have them as a good friend.

I think some people may answer emails or texts at the end of the day but if they start the email or text that demands an answer or more discussion, and you answer but then nothing, I think that is so annoying.

Yeah yeah, blah blah, not everyone can answer right away, all kinds of reasons-No! It's rude.

Ok you can see you are not the only one who thinks this is all just so not right.

You carry on and just dismiss this rudeness!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

It is rude and disrespectful and I have no use for these people in my life.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

It is rude and disrespectful and I have no use for these people in my life.

@catwhisperer   Then stop wondering why they do this, and let them be as they are.

You are letting this run in your mind and they are not concerned about you.

Your choice.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'd take the hint.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3...thank you. You are right, but since they are not concerned about me, they should not tell me to call them any time in the first place. 

Respected Contributor

So, should I just be rude and disrespectful like them and not answer my phone, and not respond to emails?