Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't think I will order take out again

The hair would have done it for me. I would let them know, and expect a refund. There is no way I could eat it finding a hair on top!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse.  The trouble is, an off-day in a restaurant can kill you or make for a very unpleasant illness

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

An unpleasant experience, for sure.  Do you mean you'll never order take-out again - from any restaurant?  Or just from that place?

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

That's gross!  Gosh I'm in bed with food poisoning from Panera!  I just told my DH the same I am done eating out! 

Sorry to hear that, @godi. I hope you better very soon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

YUCK YUCK YUCK!! .... the memory of what your order looked like would be embedded in my brain forever ... I would never order from them again 👎

Honored Contributor

@northiie57. Are they doing something for you besides apologizing?

Respected Contributor

Maybe it just depends where you live and where you order from...

We just brought home a "make your own tacos" kit from a local restaurant and it was quite tasty.  This is the second time we ordered from them and we enjoy the experience.

Most of my take-out meals this year were very good, and a few from the fine restaurants were excellent, much more complex and gourmet than I could ever make at home.  No, they were not inexpensive, but we dress up and enjoy a special night since we are not going out.

Yes, I do check all my bags and boxes before I drive away, because mistakes can happen!

Valued Contributor

I read on Facebook that a lot of employees don't show up because they are quarantined.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I've found take out during Covid is hit or miss.  Some foods are better eaten as soon as they're served.  Packaging them in cardboard or some other type of container can change the quality.  It's frustrating too when you get all the way home only to find something's missing from the order.  Had that happen a few weeks ago.  And of course, it's not cheap.  I've really narrowed down my choices to a local Greek place and an Italian restaurant/pizzeria.  Even one of my favorite seafood restaurants just isn't that good as a take out place. 

@Jaspersmom   I agree. We're bringing in from 2 places, both family owned...a Chinese restaurant and an Italian place. Both kinds of foods can be reheated when they get home. I usually have the oven preheated while DH is on food run. Most other foods like sandwiches, hamburgers, more expensive seafood dishes I prefer to cook myself and eat it fresh.